How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Picked mine up at the end of October. Colorado Red with side stripes and white wheels. Coming from a ZR this thing feels like heaven :D

It's worked out a bit nasty though, front tyres, tax and service all due this month :( Luckily I knew this was going to happen so it's not too much of a burden, the fuel is enough as it is haha

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well thanks to Mr City Link i only have 3 wheels [ clever ***** they are ] 4th will arrive tomorrow they say! So will have to wait another day to fit.

Soldato
Had my ST for just over 6 months now and still loving it :) Had it remapped for £180 and love the extra ooomph it gives and it's nice to see the turbo dial go past half way now ;)

Nothing better than putting your foot down and hearing the beast growl :cool:

Looking to get some more mods done to it but need to find a decent garage in doncaster.

261299_10150231983888586_513948585_7277866_1704203_n.jpg

264173_10150231981883586_513948585_7277821_4870802_n.jpg

Soldato
I'm wanting my calipers sprayed, possibley white. I was thinking of getting the alloys done black but i'm not so sure they would suit the car with the white stripes.

A new exhaust, i know a guy who can get scorpion exhausts on the cheap. A new intercooler and some different engine covers.

Just need to find a good garage that can help me. :(

Soldato
I'm wanting my calipers sprayed, possibley white. I was thinking of getting the alloys done black but i'm not so sure they would suit the car with the white stripes.

A new exhaust, i know a guy who can get scorpion exhausts on the cheap. A new intercooler and some different engine covers.

Just need to find a good garage that can help me. :(

Black wheels look good on blue in my opinion. Gonna need to paint my rear calipers soon, was going to paint them all red, but then I bought the AP Racing brakes, so I'll paint the rears black when I get the chance in the summer.

You not thought about a remap, they're the best mod you can buy for it in my opinion.

Permabanned
Another Focus Owner here!

Had mine since November 2011.

Got myself a facelift 60 plate performance blue ST with 7500 miles on the clock....Still standard other than replacing rear number plate bulbs with LED ones and also fitting the illuminated footwells that come in STs.

Upgraded from a MK4 Golf, im not sure if im going to tune the ST yet...would love a Dreamscience exhaust or Miltek...

I currently walk to work so only really use the car on evenings and weekends......even so fuel consumption is ridiculous and my insurance is a lot as well....im 29 with 9 years NCB, currently insured with admiral.

I havent got any decent pics of it yet but will get some after its next detail!

Nick

Permabanned
I currently walk to work so only really use the car on evenings and weekends......even so fuel consumption is ridiculous and my insurance is a lot as well....im 29 with 9 years NCB, currently insured with admiral.

Really?

You must be: a)in a severely bad postcode area, b) have points, c) had an accident or d) doing something wrong

I'm 23, with 5 years NCB and only pay £500 a year. Also with admiral/bell group

Permabanned
I live in a decent post code area ( RH16) (at least i think i do, Clean license, no accidents,....i must be doing something wrong but not sure how to fix it now...:-S i really must be missing something...... any help would be good here!

i got an insurance quote for a 10 Reg ST and it was a few hundred quid less that my 60 plate.....i got my insurance quotes through go compare....i tried adrian flux (who i was insured with) and they wanted £1400!!!!

Not happy to be fair...but the car i am happy with!

Soldato
OP
Really?

You must be: a)in a severely bad postcode area, b) have points, c) had an accident or d) doing something wrong

I'm 23, with 5 years NCB and only pay £500 a year. Also with admiral/bell group

Not all policies are the same though, he may be covered for a lot more than you and have a lot less excess.

Permabanned
I live in a decent post code area ( RH16) (at least i think i do, Clean license, no accidents,....i must be doing something wrong but not sure how to fix it now...:-S i really must be missing something...... any help would be good here!

i got an insurance quote for a 10 Reg ST and it was a few hundred quid less that my 60 plate.....i got my insurance quotes through go compare....i tried adrian flux (who i was insured with) and they wanted £1400!!!!

Not happy to be fair...but the car i am happy with!

How much are you currently paying?

Few things that work for me on bringing down the price:
- Annual mileage under 8,000 (less is better, and as you don't use the car that often looks like you can select this option too)
- Add an experienced driver preferably female with high NCB
- It's actually £40 per year cheaper for me to park my car on my driveway than in my garage
- My excess is £650 (£500 as I'm under 24, and £150 standard)
- I'm a named driver on another car, this helps too (by how much I don't know)
- Don't overvalue your car, I thought mine was worth £10k, it's more like £9k, this brought the price down by another £20-30.

Also when you have a few prices, ring them up and play them off each other.

I'm yet to wait for my renewal price from Bell, my insurance expires on 14/2/12. Already have plenty of quotes from other sources, cheapest so far being £506, so I expect Bell to match or even better beat that.

Permabanned
Not all policies are the same though, he may be covered for a lot more than you and have a lot less excess.

Granted, however I expect his excess to be lower than mine as I'm under the age of 24 (most insurers add additional excess as standard to under 24/25).

My fully comp from Bell/Admiral group covers quite a bit, only thing that is missing is breakdown cover. But I have the through theAA.

Permabanned
I have just had a look on money supermarket....instead of paying monthly i have selected pay annually and the cheapest quote i have got so far is £578 fully comp with protected NCB and £300 Voluntary excess....

Permabanned
Is that better than what your currently paying?

I'd want mine to be a little lower tbh if I was 29 with 9yr NCB...

Back
Top Bottom