How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Thinking about getting a facelift ST to replace my ageing 350Z (and because insurance is getting a joke).

Would the fuel consumption be even worst than the Z? I'd also be thinking about remapping it.

350Z to a Focus ST? Down grade much? Newer but still?

The difference is insurance will pail into insignificance when you calculate the cost of getting a facelift Focus ST.

Soldato
i do 400 miles a week in mine at 17-22 mpg.

I love the ST but for me to be able to justify shelling out well over £100 a week in fuel the car would need to be something a bit more special than a Focus.

I was considering one briefly a couple of years back as a worthy replacement to my Octavia but with most of my miles being work ones at 40ppm I couldn't get over the economy :(

Soldato
OP
Surely once you get ~300bhp it gets a bit crazy without at least a differential to keep it all in check?

Does become "interesting" had a diff fitted and RS clutch but it still chews tyres at a alarming rate with the boost kicking in at 2000 rpm.

Soldato
Get some more posts in here man, Can't have the Fiesta thread beating us now, can we? :p

Wheel's on (and in dire need of a clean):

carvi.jpg

Permabanned
Mine, had her for 15 months now. Really really loving the 5 pot turbo, put's a smile on my face every time she pops too :)

5564737405_642bcb3e40_o.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

007.jpg

Permabanned
Anyone have the mountune upgrade?

Is the only tune I fancy, but at £1k+ fitting it's a bit steep.

Do you find it worth the money?

Soldato
Anyone have the mountune upgrade?

Is the only tune I fancy, but at £1k+ fitting it's a bit steep.

Do you find it worth the money?

I don't rate them at all. For what they charge you can get better from the other tuners, and 2nd hand from the owners club, and a lot of the fitting work is relatively easy. But if all you're bothered about is warranty, then it's the only real option.

Permabanned
Not an ST (volvo s60 t5), but similar engine. Had it mapped recently which is the only thing I've had done.

That's some impressive gains!!! How much if you don't mind me asking? And will the clutch last with 300bhp and 400lbs of torque?

Back
Top Bottom