How many Focus ST owners on here

The FL versions are holding their value well. To my eyes at least, they are much nicer. I forked out £8.7k for an 08 FL 5-door ST3 in PB (with 50k) about three months ago. Good luck getting one much cheaper than that with reasonable mileage.

Considering people like to state that Ford's depreciate like a rock from looking around the Focus ST is dearer than Mazda 3 MPs and almost the same price as the Civic type R's, Golf Gti's and Vxr's etc.
I've only just noticed a slight drop in value of the 55/06 plates which can be had for around £5.2k now with about 70k on.
I'm looking at getting one once Christmas is out the way.
How much power does a basic remap add to the St225 :confused: as I want it to be something worth selling my 2004 ST220 For 3k and shelling out 5.5k for something that standard is hardly different. But I would leave extra £'s aside to get things done to it.

Looking at about 260ish depending on which map you go for. I never really liked the ST220 (how dare I?!) - the Focus certainly feels quicker to me even in standard form.

Could imagine with a remap running 260bhp will feel a lot faster that my Mondeo. Do they hit 60 in about 6 secs with a remap? I just want something that's gonna feel more fun and quicker to drive. The ST220's problem is that it's so big and comfy with the Recaros it never feels like your going that fast.

Could imagine with a remap running 260bhp will feel a lot faster that my Mondeo. Do they hit 60 in about 6 secs with a remap? I just want something that's gonna feel more fun and quicker to drive. The ST220's problem is that it's so big and comfy with the Recaros it never feels like your going that fast.

Don't try a 0-60 run often otherwise you can say Goodbye to those driveshafts. The 2.5T lump isn't about 0-60s, it's about the mid-range torque.

Don't try a 0-60 run often otherwise you can say Goodbye to those driveshafts. The 2.5T lump isn't about 0-60s, it's about the mid-range torque.
That's sound advice - either spits out a driveshaft or you'll usually light up the tyres, often easier to get into 2nd then give it some more. Or if you just pootle up to 30mph in 3rd then put your foot down you'll feel lots of nice lovely boost shifting you along quite nicely :) though in this weather the trick in 3rd will probably result in losing traction!

Even with just a decent stage 1 remap the ST's really respond well, no downsides I can think of, and the mid-range torque is just brilliant. Same goes for the standard car, on one of my first ST test drives compared to an ST170 the ST felt like it accelerated as quick in 6th as the ST170 in 4th.

:D

something like this is exactly what im after. I actually prefer the look of the 5 door :eek:
but it will have to be a st3 as those seats in the st2 are shocking. They look like something from a pimped out 1988 Nova.
The prices are all over the place for these. There was 2 mint 06 plates on last week both 5.5k that have now sold and the only 06 plates on there now are around 6.2k with the same mileage.:confused:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201412029397063/sort/default/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/page/3/model/focus/make/ford/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/body-type/hatchback/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/usedcars/keywords/st/radius/100/postcode/l54sy?logcode=p

I can't work out the pricing on them either. Start lookng at 5 Door ST-3's and you can add a grand or two to the price of that one :eek:

see i thought that but there was a mint 5 door st3 2006 with 75k on fsh etc for sale last week at £5500 and it sold within a few days. Normally the ST3 is always more expensive but there's been times over the last few months when i have seen private sales for ST3'S cheaper than ST2's at dealerships with the same mileage.
When i start the task of trying to get one properly after Christmas "took me 6 months to find a good st220" im looking for private sales as i can see if the owner knows what he is talking about and to make sure its not some little chav.

Ah. I've been avoiding anything older than 07!

If you buy private you should get a st3 of the same age/mileage for the same inflated price of a st2 at a car dealers. But most of them i see for sale are the ST2. Seems like most people buying/leasing them brand new scrimped on the spec. A car of that value new should have leather recaro's standard and electric rear windows like my Mondeo :p
looking around at the facelifts most good 58/09 plates seem to be around 9k :eek:
would rather buy a well looked after low mileage 2007 for around 7k if i had your 8k budget
l

If you buy private you should get a st3 of the same age/mileage for the same inflated price of a st2 at a car dealers. But most of them i see for sale are the ST2. Seems like most people buying/leasing them brand new scrimped on the spec. A car of that value new should have leather recaro's standard and electric rear windows like my Mondeo :p
looking around at the facelifts most good 58/09 plates seem to be around 9k :eek:
would rather buy a well looked after low mileage 2007 for around 7k if i had your 8k budget
l

I don't think many if any came with rear electric windows until the very last runs of the face lifts...

thats crazy - surely 04 and beyond - electric rear windows was near standard on most cars ?

and ST was top of the Focus range (as good as)

even my 1998 Civic has rear electric windows

genuinely do you find it a pain ?

my kids are old enough not to play with the windows if told not to - but I can imagine its a faff to check they're shut etc- rather than the normal flick 4 buttons and you're done ?

My 08 ST3 doesn't have them either. Doesn't really bother me as I don't put the kids in the back much (we've got a family bus as well) Also, the fronts are not one touch up - only down! lol - fail. Then there's the turning circle...
I'd definitely get the ST3 if you can (and a FL model) the interior is much nicer. The heated leather recaro's are lovely.

I fancy (and my budget just about stretches to it) - a new style Focus ST (2.0 version) - but spending near 17k on a Focus just puts me off - would rather spend 10 ish on a decent 2.5

If buying again I'd be looking at the 2010.25 spec ST3. They get prey much every option thrown in as they were the last run of the 2.5. The spec list is huge but unfortunately include black windows and wheels.

Edit: this one. Nor sure if they go for 10k yet?

Last edited:
genuinely do you find it a pain ?

my kids are old enough not to play with the windows if told not to - but I can imagine its a faff to check they're shut etc- rather than the normal flick 4 buttons and you're done ?

Yeah that was a pain, but i didn't really carry people at the back that often. So got used to it.

My previous focus had electric back windows.

Back
Top Bottom