How much do you pay for insurance?

Soldato
£339 this year for me. Fully comp on my Speed Triple with legal and kit cover and riding other bikes. :D

Down to £320 with TPFT, 9k milage (commute), £3k bike with passenger. If I go to fully comped like I do with my car then it jumps to £650. Both with £700 excess :o I would look to reduce that to £400 max.

Not sure how comfortable I would be taking just TPFT. The cost of the bike I could take the hit for but it is anything else that wouldn't be covered?

If it's your fault, you basically walk away and lose your no claims etc. but the car / bike you hit will be covered so legally you're fine. You also wouldn't get cover if you're injured and can't go to work etc. unless you take legal / injury cover or whatever it's called.

I was TPFT when I got knocked off a couple of years ago on my Hornet. I didn't pay a penny, didn't lose my NCB, bike was repaired, helmet replaced (even though I didn't have kit cover) and courtesy bike for the whole time. My insurers really bent the other insurer over :p. The claim went well over the cost of my bike.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had mine in.

I have pants possibly older than your license :p

zzr1200

VFR 750

Excess £100

£190 fully comp both.

Associate
Your age: 27
How many years riding: 9 years NCD, 10 years experience
Bike make: 2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory
Type of cover: Fully Comp (No extra cover for helmet/leathers/keys etc)
Mileage: 5000
Insurer: Wicked Quotes
Price: 1020!

I was being quoted between £500 - 600 back in April when I ordered the bike, but in the 6 weeks it took to land in the country, all of my quotes had doubled and nobody would touch me with a barge pole for less :eek: This is with it being garaged in a low crime area. It's a bit of a hike from the £170 on the 2013 Z1000SX I had before it and the £300 for the 2011 Tuono R I had too.

Soldato
Me? 35 - the tuono would have been £350 or so garaged but it's not garaged yet. That's with 1 years ncb and licence held for a year.

The v4 appears to be classed as a sport bike by insurance so the cost is the same as other 1000cc sport bikes rather than 1000cc naked bikes.

Associate
Your age - 25
How many years riding - 8 NCD, 1 claim
Bike make - VFR750
Type of cover - FC

£200 give or take a few quid. excess of 300

Last edited:
Soldato
NCB: 3 years
Bike: Street Triple R

Insured for the same as last year give or take £10-20; £330, though I'm insured for fewer miles (10k instead of 15k) and got to declare all of my mods (eg replacement shock, fork internals, exhaust etc) and value it at what the bike would actually cost to replace, and include 7k of business miles use.

Soldato
I was looking for and insurance for first bike 125, 26yo full EU car licence, and it was £1100 per year ???? Is this normal price for a 125cc bike ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I am looking at something cheap to learn on like hyosung gt 125, and I will not look like a massive tool on as I am 6.5" and yes its london, I was hoping that the insurance is a bit more affordable...

Soldato
Only 1 choice if you want a cheap 125 and you're tall, and it's not a chinese jobby!

Honda Varadero 125!

That's probably about right for a 125 in London, there must be hundreds nicked every day across the capital.

Soldato
Only 1 choice if you want a cheap 125 and you're tall, and it's not a chinese jobby!

Honda Varadero 125!

That's probably about right for a 125 in London, there must be hundreds nicked every day across the capital.

that may be the case but varadero is 2x price of the hyosung gt 125 its questionable if its worth it...

Soldato
Nah not mad, just some people think all things that aren't a european or Japanese bike are going to fall apart the second you buy it...
Its Korean and they are or used to be anyway heavily based on and sourced by Suzuki.
I had mine 12-13 years ago and it was faultless, and the company is still going so that must say something right... :D:p

Its a 125 at the end of the day, as long as you don't trash it they pretty much sell for the same price you bought it.

Also I am pretty tall, 6'2, I would say the Hyosung sat in-between the normal small 125's and the Varadero.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah not mad, just some people think all things that aren't a european or Japanese bike are going to fall apart the second you buy it...
Its Korean and they are or used to be anyway heavily based on and sourced by Suzuki.
I had mine 12-13 years ago and it was faultless, and the company is still going so that must say something right... :D:p

Its a 125 at the end of the day, as long as you don't trash it they pretty much sell for the same price you bought it.

Also I am pretty tall, 6'2, I would say the Hyosung sat in-between the normal small 125's and the Varadero.

Fits the bill thanks, I will look at the insurance again to see

Back
Top Bottom