• between 31 and 40 inclusive

Votes: 44 23.9%
  • between 41 and 50 inclusive

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • 51 and older

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
39. Started gaming on a C64 when I was 10 (Anirog Scramble etc), then an Atari 1040STE, then PCs. First PC game was a playable demo of Doom.

29 years and I'm still carp.

username

33 in a month

had a spectrum, never had a pc but had an amiga and consoles. last year afer i finally got a decent home in a decent place i built my first gaming pc :)

still have consoles that i never use

So interestingly, that about half of us under 30 and half of us over 30. Interesting eh? As a 30+, suppose its that we have the spending power these days to satisfy our hobby.

Those of us that are around 40 were basically the first kids that grew up with videogames. They were around as early as I can remember, my parents generation came across them when they were adults. Same thing basically applies to computers in general.

I was 4 years old when the Atari VCS came out, roughly the same time as the first Star Wars movie.

Last edited:
So interestingly, that about half of us under 30 and half of us over 30. Interesting eh? As a 30+, suppose its that we have the spending power these days to satisfy our hobby.

Definitely all I buy with my wages is technological stuff...When I was young you coudlnt have it all. I used to make freinds with kids at school if I knew they had a console I didnt so I could go play it at there house lmao.....

I remember this guy I hated but I made good freinds with him just cause he had a mega drive, then this dude was the 1st one to get a PS1 I think suddenely everyone became his freind and we were all going to his house.

I bet he loved it. A nobody becomes Mr popular

Last edited:
39 and still owner of a ZX81, ZX Spectrum and Amiga 500. I think I'll pass these on to my son to allow him the same enjoyment I got from them first time around. Sabre Wulf, Jet Set Willy, Alien Breed, Sensible Soccer, Speedball 2 and loads more just waiting to be discovered for the first time all over again.

I'm 26, don't play games as much as I did, but I go through random spurts based on what games are released and what my workload is like. My attention span is definitely getting shorter, so a game has to really be special to keep me engrossed for longer than a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom