• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to over volt a Titan, a 780Ti or a 780 guide

Permabanned
Do not care what you make a video of, the voltage can be made to show 1.6v in software but it will not be 1.6v read by multimeter on rear of PCB and my card(s) are Nvidia Kepler not sure what a Keplar is.

Again you should give the files to those who asked as that would be the proof needed.

Setting 1.3v on a 780Ti ends up with a BSOD on load.

Permabanned
Do not care what you make a video of, the voltage can be made to show 1.6v in software but it will not be 1.6v read by multimeter on rear of PCB and my card(s) are Nvidia Kepler not sure what a Keplar is.

Again you should give the files to those who asked as that would be the proof needed.

Setting 1.3v on a 780Ti ends up with a BSOD on load.

Wrong, if the voltage was incorrect i wouldnt get past 1241mhz and thats pushing it for 1.3v probably fail before that.
You have never done it so you cant comment on something you have no knowledge about.
What happened to you calling me a liar etc?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Last edited:
Permabanned
I can get 1300/8GHZ in Heaven 4.0 with stock Bios with some artefacts and less with modded Bios at 1.215v so that is untrue and there are many with good cards get 1250-1330 MHz stock.

Sniper Elite v2 Bench (harder than Heaven) also same clocks but on occasion freezes, so need drop a notch.

The difference is i can take your card to 1.6v if i wanted, depending on vrm cooling should be able to take to 1.40v 24/7 which would be a much bigger oc than your getting now. Whether the rest of the circuitry would be able to cope, well thats the risk you take when volt modding.

I dont know of any 690 hitting the speed im hitting unless its on PC or LN so the volt mod works dude. Stop clutching at straws, its works and i knew it would work once Unwinder dropped a few hints months ago. It was just a question of finding out how it worked which took time.

Permabanned
Your attitude had improved a touch the last few posts I give you that but saying I am clutching at straws makes no sense more so you are.

I have not said anything I have not proven by that link to our benches here.

The guys on the higher clocks are on Water.

Associate
First of all my hard work will be given to people who "I" decide to give it too that is if i actually give it to anybody judging by peoples attitude on here im in no rush.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPSiGAyCik&feature=youtu.be

First set of evidence showing 690 running at 1372mhz (i can go higher) at 1.4v. I dont really want to run it at any higher voltage although ill probably settle for around 1.42 tops.
I have a 780Ti but no waterblock but its works just the same, as the architecture is the same keplar is keplar. Works also on 780, Titan and Titan Black.
In the above video im also using Super sampling although you cant see that cause its Mp4 upload. If i was to take the SS off i can go much higher,ive had the 690 clocked at 1398mhz stable!

More evidence to come showing various voltages up too 1.6 on desktop as obviously i do not want to run my card at this voltage.

Stay tuned!

Well, I have not followed the entire except for the last couple of posts, but the 690 ref caught my attention. While it is true that you can volt unlock a 690, the issue has always been finding a bios that does not throttle the 690. You can give it as much juice as you want, but the bios still throttles it down even with water cooling. Not sure, if someone has found a bios fix for the 690. I am sure it exists judging by some anomalous HOF scores, but I have not seen anyone make it public for testing/sharing.

Permabanned
I do not like .bat files, I want a .cue and .bin file. :p

P.S KGB did me well on my Ferni 580 and Kepler 680 but not so good for my Kepler 780Ti.

Last edited:
Associate
Tried to flash my 780 SC last night but no dice. Just hung as soon as I pressed enter on the command line box..

Followed the guide to the letter, extracted these files into the same DIR :-

nvflash.exe
nvflsh32.sys
nvflsh64.sys
skyn3t-vBios-Evga-SC-rev4.rom

Entered this command :-

nvflash -4 -5 -6 skyn3t-vBios-Evga-SC-rev4.rom

and... Nothing. Just hangs and have to C+A+D to get out. Card is fine as didn't even get to type 'Y' to begin to flash.

Any ideas?

My EVGA bios number is 80.80.31.00.82 btw.

Associate
flash.jpg

The beep made me jump, but looks like it worked this time. :D

Caporegime
OP
If water cooling, go for 1.3V but if on air, 1.25V is my safe prediction. Of course always monitor temps and just be careful :) I always slide the power to max, regardless of air or water.

Associate
Hi all

I've tried this in the past and its worked - recently formatted and now i've come to set it up again and i'm having some problems:

Bios update - Done using skynets bios made specially for my card (that pny twinfan one ;))

Problem is i can't seem to run the included version of AB, says components are missing? i guess this is because its expired? is there a work around? i've tried applying the same hack to the latest build of AB but my volts still locked at +75 (max)

Also tried Zawarudo's volt hack tool with no luck, it just doesn't do anything :(

Any ideas?

Thanks

Soldato
Getting a 780Ti IChill X3 off the MM and putting it under water.
Just wondering what sort of overclocks will I be looking at with 1.3v?
I know after reading some reviews, the overclocking headroom with these particular cards aren't much due to its out of the box clocks, but with added volts Im wondering what I can expect :)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom