• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to over volt a Titan, a 780Ti or a 780 guide

Caporegime
OP
Getting a 780Ti IChill X3 off the MM and putting it under water.
Just wondering what sort of overclocks will I be looking at with 1.3v?
I know after reading some reviews, the overclocking headroom with these particular cards aren't much due to its out of the box clocks, but with added volts Im wondering what I can expect :)

Thanks.

Chip dependent bud but interested to see what you can achieve. Water likes those cards as well :)

Soldato
If I may ask, what is the stock volts for the Ti's?
Hoping to reach 1250-1300 boosted clocks with WCing and custom bios :)
Or is that too much to ask? I know its all about the chip :D

Soldato
Hi Gregster, in the process of doing the mod to my 780Ti.
But after installing the MSIAB, I can't launch it as its telling me some components are missing, corrupted, expired?
Also, I know you said that no 780Ti other than than classys can get more than 1.212v, but is it possible to use Zawarudo's app to put it up to 1.25v?
Thanks

EDIT: OK was able to use the same stuff on the newer AB.
Now have 1.3v but power limit is still at 106% max :(

EDIT #2: Mistyped a letter in the bios name so it didn't flash :o
Now have 1.3v with 200% power limit.

One big question mark is, now when I run Valley, I am getting a lot worse score, before flashing, I was getting close to 50 FPS at 1440p Ultra benchmark, now its down to 37 at the same settings? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Check you power use when running the benchmark.

When I really push my 780 sometimes I get this weird "bug" where performance will hit the floor and power usage will drop from 130% to around 80%. Clocks and GPU use will be the same but frame rates drop to a third.

Soldato
Thanks for that, aat first I was thinking I was looking at gpu usage but it was actually the power.
Mine runs at around 80% most of the time and sometimes spikes to 100% for a second :(
What did you do to get this fixed?

Soldato
Here is the bad news, I haven't figured out how to fix it. I only ran into the issue when running bench clocks - I don't use the AB hack for 24/7 use as the performance available at 1.212v is enough for me.

I will look into this when I get some free time but I really have no idea where to start.

Soldato
I knew there was something up when I was able to put it up to 1.3v
I'll get evga precision x then.
Should still be able to use 1.212v and higher power limit right?

#EDIT: Well, tried Evga and same thing happens apart from only being able to use 1.212v. Power usage is still 80% :(. Temps dont even go over 40C

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah ok, took me a while to realise that.
Still doesnt explain why my FPS tanked down by 15fps :(
although, after disabling v-sync, I am getting my expected results.

Associate
Gregster hey I recently bought a a bgrade zotac 780ti when using the card on its own or sli he computer drivers crash or the computer ethier blue or black screens been told your the man who can help

Caporegime
OP
Gregster hey I recently bought a a bgrade zotac 780ti when using the card on its own or sli he computer drivers crash or the computer ethier blue or black screens been told your the man who can help

Strange one and normally a faulty card will result in "The driver has stopped responding and has recovered". What I would do is run the card on its own, drop all overclocks (including the CPU). Run Display Driver Uninstaller and then install the latest drivers from nVidia.

See how that goes with a single card and everything at stock. If it still does it, I would look to getting it replaced.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah it has been doing the stopped and recovered thing Aswell I'll do as suggested always a punt with bgrade I suppose

Ahhh, that's a start. That sounds like a typical Gigabyte problem that they had on a number of the 780Ti cards and the occasional other card. What you could try is adding a custom BIOS with the volts set at 1.212 and that will help. Read my guide on how to do that or if you are not comfortable doing it, return it.

Back
Top Bottom