• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

How would you survive the zombie apocalypse?

Soldato
Being real, I'd probably head to a Currys near a supermarket. Both are going to have solid shutters and loading bays. Food in the supermarkets, generator to power the fridges in the Currys, microwaves and kettles there, tvs to pass the time with films. That's all if I was caught short in my local town. Plenty of risks involved though if someone ramped through the shutters or we couldn't get to supplies due to loads of zombies.

Soldato
OP
Sadly, I think populated areas and retail parks are a complete no go. Perhaps to stock up, but even those quickly descend into public anarchy and most will die at the hands of other humans trying to protect their families and survive.

If I had to retail park it would be in this order:
Supermarket
Argos
B&Q
Currys

Soldato
I would get my way to the remotest part of Scottish countryside I could find. Build a log hut somewhere, hunt and go from there.

Bit romantic in a way

Man of Honour
Shotgun shot to my head.

Why bother surviving? It's going to be utterly ****e in your lifetime, survival scraping what you can, avoiding bandits and raiders. Not to mention the chance of being eaten alive.

I'd stick it out for a week to see if it would all blow over (yep, reference game kind of on point). If it didn't and things were looking grim, a swift shot to end it.

I almost guarantee you wouldn't - the instinct to survive is far stronger than a person tends to believe, while I can't speak for you specifically from my experience most hang onto the smallest glimmer of hope for a very long time - even when they started out of your opinion.

EDIT: On the flipside many aren't adapted to survive and wouldn't make it very long.

Soldato
Simple, pack up and head to the local castle, its designed to keep a determined army with seige artillery out so a few shambling zombies wont be an issue.

Loot weapons from the local gunshop, stock up on food and supplies and live a happy existence perpetuated by iron hard rules on letting potentially infected in- leave or take a bullet

Americans dont understand castles, hence why they never have them in zombie flicks

Soldato
Unless you live in a rural area a vehicle, any vehicle would most likely only end up being your tomb. Roads will most likely be littered with vehicles and virtually impassable.

As someone above said, get as far away from population sources as possible. When it all goes boobs up, people will not be your friend! Given the population density of the U.K., finding somewhere remote enough to make for a long term survival destination would be difficult. Of course, if the plague wipes out a high % of the population then chances of finding somewhere remote increase.

The reality is though that if a pathogen did cause a zombie apocalypse, unless you are genetically lucky you'll likely be dead/zombified from the outset.

Soldato
I would try to head to one of those WW2 era offshore AA platforms off the east coast. Being a few miles out to sea should deter any zombies. But being in Derbyshire getting to the coast might be a slight issue.

Soldato
Alas I wouldn't.
As a transplant patient I require anti-rejection drugs daily. Without these I've probably got 10-14 days tops before my kidney was rejected.
Then requiring dialysis, I'd be dead in a month.

I always actually thought the idea of an "apocalypse" might be quite fun, in a strange kind of way. A reset for everyone, nobody caring about your past etc.
But no, with reality - I'd be dead a month or two after an apocalypse if I wasn't eaten/blown-up/tested on before :)

Man of Honour
I'd head back up to the very north of Scotland, great views and roads and very few zombies and as my fastest car is red the blood doesn't mean you need to keep washing it. It howls too so that will scare them.

Associate
You are all thinking very selfishly.

My plan would be to find a very high vertical cliff with a river with good flow at the bottom. Then at the top build a funnel type system. PA system setup playing loud music. This will attract the zombies into the funnel. Then the force of the crowd of zombies will push them all over the edge. The river at the bottom will carry the zombie meat out to sea. Soon enough, you will have cleared the area. Then you can do small sorties out to round up more. Then eventually, uk would be cleansed. Sorted. Solution, not just survival.

Back
Top Bottom