• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

How would you survive the zombie apocalypse?

Soldato
I've got a well, an orchard and a vegetable plot
Reckon that'd do me for a while as I can make cider vinegar to preserve food over winter and loads of pheasants nearby which medium term I would trap and farm.

Or something. Bit lacking in weapons however..

Man of Honour
I'll be quite happy trying out my collection on a few zombs! Guns for show, knives for a pro:

ateh8Oel.jpg

Nice - I'd still rather have something like an mp5sd with BETA drum personally hehe. My brother has a nice collection of LoTR replica weapons that could be reworked into something serviceable if it came to it - though they are ridiculously heavy so you'd quickly wear yourself out.

Soldato
the uk is an Island right, so considering zombies cant breed i would just kill everyone then there is 0% chance of zombie unless the have wings.

We'd just have to collapse the channel tunnel to make sure no zombie immigrants get in. Then wait it out and take back our empire from the new zombie world order.

Permabanned
depends on the type of zombie, if its the shaun of the dead type then no need to fear, just carry on with life as normal and crack a few heads on the way to work.

now if the type of zombie is 28 days later / world war z then were goosed.

Soldato
Nice - I'd still rather have something like an mp5sd with BETA drum personally hehe. My brother has a nice collection of LoTR replica weapons that could be reworked into something serviceable if it came to it - though they are ridiculously heavy so you'd quickly wear yourself out.

Thanks. :) Those replicas are probably what we collectors call SLOs - sword-like objects: they look great but are far heavier than real swords and very brittle. I doubt an SLO would last long in a proper scrap. You can borrow a few of mine as long as you promise to wipe off the brains. ;)

Man of Honour
Thanks. :) Those replicas are probably what we collectors call SLOs - sword-like objects: they look great but are far heavier than real swords and very brittle. I doubt an SLO would last long in a proper scrap. You can borrow a few of mine as long as you promise to wipe off the brains. ;)

Dunno on the SLO thing - not really upto speed on the details but these are forged steel and for instance Gimli's axe is a full 30kg rather than the 2kg regular merchandise one. I think I'd take my back out trying to kill zombies with it lol.

Caporegime
I've got a well, an orchard and a vegetable plot
Reckon that'd do me for a while as I can make cider vinegar to preserve food over winter and loads of pheasants nearby which medium term I would trap and farm.

Or something. Bit lacking in weapons however..

Until a zombie falls down the well, infecting the water supply and turning you and your family...:p

Soldato
I'll be quite happy trying out my collection on a few zombs! Guns for show, knives for a pro:

ateh8Oel.jpg

that's an impressive show of cutlery there :eek:

knives are useful, especially for zombie apocalypse as ammo is gonna be finite so being good with a blade will definately help.

but i'd still want some breed of gun for hunting (initially, until i could establish traps) and close encounters with groups of zombies/humans.

but again, ruger 10/22 supressed, couple of thousand rounds in a backpack and some 25 round mags would see me for a good while knifing zombies if it's just a lone one to conserve ammo/get good at knifing.

Soldato
but again, ruger 10/22 supressed, couple of thousand rounds in a backpack and some 25 round mags would see me for a good while knifing zombies if it's just a lone one to conserve ammo/get good at knifing.

That is literally the perfect "zombie apocalypse" gun! Whisper quiet with a suppressor fitted, accurate at 100m (head shot range), virtually no recoil, very rarely breaks, easy to clean and (in the US especially) plentiful ammo!

Soldato
Probably head straight to our local fort and drop the grate. Hopefully there's not enough undead to pile up and get over the walls... hmm. Need to think this through more.

Soldato
That is literally the perfect "zombie apocalypse" gun! Whisper quiet with a suppressor fitted, accurate at 100m (head shot range), virtually no recoil, very rarely breaks, easy to clean and (in the US especially) plentiful ammo!

over here too, i'd wager the .22lr is the most common round to find here (excluding military stocks of .223 ofc)

when it comes to zombies everyones of the vein of "i'm gonna carry a .50 cal" despite the practical reality that the barret is a tonweight to carry, grossly impractical to fire from anything but bipod deployed prone and round energy is pointless if it's a headshots only scenario.

i'll admit i'd settle on one of the henry .22 leverguns if i couldn't find a 10/22 but they're a pita to reload in a hurry, but stealth is key and as you say whisper quiet.

would also allow you to hunt things like rabbits without turning your dinner into a pink smear on the landscape.

i feel vindicated that the us put a lot of research into the m6 survival rifle and ended up at the same conclusion that a .22 was the best (albeit a magnum so you could more easily kill deer or defend yourself)

Back
Top Bottom