** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Associate
just ordered one, can anyone like me to someware with the basics / links etc for new ppl to make it run better , if theres any new software released for it thats not in the box? this is also my 1st new netbook/laptop so im newbie at this (dono how to explain it im tired)

Permabanned
My max temps were around 55c but usually anything from 20-45c really.

I used the hacked bios from myhpmini indeed, I basically used the table on that page to work out my overclock. I got a rough idea what the max FSB I could hit would be by using OCTuner in Windows and seeing what crashed and what didn't, I could hit 2.3 but not stable so I'm settling for 2.2 with no voltage increase of any kind. :)

Associate
can anyone please tell me the difference between
mini 311c 1010
Mini 311c-1030SA and
Mini 311c-1101SA
mini 311c-1100
mini 311C-1020SA

i just want a 311c. but which 1!!! they all vary in price too. agggghhh!

be gentle - im newbie:D

Soldato
can anyone please tell me the difference between
mini 311c 1010
Mini 311c-1030SA and
Mini 311c-1101SA
mini 311c-1100
mini 311C-1020SA

i just want a 311c. but which 1!!! they all vary in price too. agggghhh!

be gentle - im newbie:D

I think there mostly the same, some seem to have 5400rpm drives in mine had a 7200rpm in and was a 1020sa i think? cant remember tbh and no longer have it, there are some that have 3g cards, other than that i think there the same, same cpu and chipset etc :)

Associate
I got one of these (Shipped over from OcUK :)) afew days ago and I must say I am very happy with it. I needed something small I could carry around with me during the day and this does the job perfectly. I can actually touch type on the keyboard with no issues... a friend as a smaller Asus netbook and the keys are so small I make too many mistakes if I try to type at my usual rate.

Unlocked it to full ION and put a modest overclock of 2ghz on with the hacked H15 Bios, it is working like a charm. I also found a nice bit of software someone had added to and modified to control the fan speed (notebook hardware control?), so it is now quieter unless I'm doing something relatively taxing for the little thing.

Lovely to have something so small that can play afew pc games / stream HD video reasonably for for such a reasonable price. I was amazed it could play 1080p youtube content, although there isn't any point considering its resolution.

Soldato
I should try that hacked BIOS, for now all I do is overclock the CPU when Im gaming, dont need 2ghz when just doing office work. Besides having it overclocked all the time reduces the battery life.

Associate
Di-Noc'd:D

Netbook-2.JPG

Netbook-3.JPG

Netbook-1.JPG

Associate

That is very nice, a big improvement on the gloss finish which fingerprints a tad too easily.

@fowlerwelsh, I know nothing about the various Atom processors, the other differences in model numbers are minor, I have a 1101SA which has the 7200 HD, the 1030SA had WWAN has standard etc. My mum has just bought one of these from Ocuk so I shall see if the drive speed makes any noticable difference.

Associate
Can someone please kindly post an image of the Intel 5300 Wireless card I should be getting along with the full name? I'm seeing different types of 5300 card and different images, it's getting confusing..

I'm I looking for Intel WiFi Link 5300 half size mini PCI-E wireless card?

**EDIT** I've read and also been told by a supplier that due the HP's BIOS limitation, only HO cerificated wifi card can be used on HP laptop. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
Associate
can anyone link me to a thread showing how to get rid of the majority of the hp bloat without reinstalling xp , i think the taskmanager showed 500mb+ ram useage 1st time i checked it , i would like to get this down to atleast 300mb if possible can anyone help

Soldato
Can someone please kindly post an image of the Intel 5300 Wireless card I should be getting along with the full name? I'm seeing different types of 5300 card and different images, it's getting confusing..

I'm I looking for Intel WiFi Link 5300 half size mini PCI-E wireless card?

**EDIT** I've read and also been told by a supplier that due the HP's BIOS limitation, only HO cerificated wifi card can be used on HP laptop. Can anyone confirm this?
I believe you need to use a white-listed bios to use ANY card other than a HP one yes
I used the hacked bios so that i could fit a wwan card

Back
Top Bottom