** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Associate
lol, i know the feeling, took 17 hours to render a full HD video 1280x768 of my model environment made in 3ds max. and it still was only like 60 seconds long, and i needed to render it a further 60 seconds to put onto my showreel, but it took too long, but still, got a Distinction for it ;)

Soldato
At least you don't have to worry about upgrading the RAM or installing W7 from USB :p

Listen, after opening up a Mac Mini to fit a HDD this laptop won't worry me, but as you said its one job I don't have to do.

Updated the BIOS anyway, from F2 (I think) to F15 now I'm thinking of re-doing Windows 7 because I already have it setup on USB haha.

Just looking around for the drivers now, and I'm pretty tempted to get that 3G WWAN card as well.

Enough reading anyway my eyes hurt. :p

Soldato
I has Raikiri's Mini now!

Time to read all 30-odd pages for hints/tips. Wooo.

:o

Enjoy :) I was playing Rainbow Six Raven Sheild, the new Worms Reloaded and Killing Floot.. awesome netbook!

One thing thats bothering me is that HWMonitor says "Battery Wear" is at 3%, I've only had it for a month and charged it three times how can the battery have wear already?

Man of Honour
Just wondering if the Compaq Mini 311 is still the netbook to have? It seems to be available fairly cheaply now and I'm looking for a netbook with a larger screen thats got good capability for movies, music and maybe some light gaming while travelling.

Soldato
Going to purchase one of these, mainly for web browsing at home and movies, and also if I'm on call I don't have to lug my 15" Lenovo about just this and a web 'n' walk card......

The cpu overclock looks easy to do, 2.0ghz would make me happy....

Back
Top Bottom