HP Microserver+XPEnology

Associate
I've got xpenology running on a gen 8 but i'm having trouble with nzbget. I keep getting the following eror once it has pulled a file : Could not create file tmp/nzb-1.tmp

Anyone have any ideas?

Associate
I've got xpenology running on a gen 8 but i'm having trouble with nzbget. I keep getting the following eror once it has pulled a file : Could not create file tmp/nzb-1.tmp

Anyone have any ideas?

Managed to fix it all and it's running well.

What are you guys running so that your media is available to all your devices?

Associate
got myself a microserver and put xpenology.

For a noob like myself it wasn't difficult, it was the setting up of all the other stuff afterwards that was tricky. Now i've got myself a little automated box.

Soldato
Loving xpenology but kind of confused on the shared folders business.
Not sure how to set up a user that only has access to some files on the drive.

Soldato
Loving xpenology but kind of confused on the shared folders business.
Not sure how to set up a user that only has access to some files on the drive.

I don't believe you can set permissions on individual files or directories (certainly i can't find the option); so it's a case of creating an separate share, copy/moving the files to that share and settings permission accordingly.

Soldato
I don't believe you can set permissions on individual files or directories (certainly i can't find the option); so it's a case of creating an separate share, copy/moving the files to that share and settings permission accordingly.

If you're using windows clients, then turning on ACL in the advanced share options should then allow you to set them using the standard windows access details, works like this for me but I am also running a domain so not sure if that is linked.

Soldato
Im new to this too and when I create a shared folder it always gives me the option to set the read/write permissions for each user login. Is that not what you're trying to do?

Soldato
It's putting the folders that will form the shared folder.. I know how to change who can see the shares, but not how to change what each user can access within the share.

Soldato
With Xpenology can we still use things like Cloud Sync, Quick Connect, MyDS etc. or do we have to have a genuine Synology box?

Also, I've installed a few packages like OwnCloud, Sabnzbd, Sonarr and they all throw up errors about not being able to read/write, create/modify directories etc etc. I assume its a permissions problem but I have yet found the correct option fix it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom