*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

ICYMI, Windows 11 24H2 drops support for WMR which means the Reverb G2 will no longer work in Windows 11.

Hopefully the community will find a solution, but to be safe you might want to block this update for now. With registry settings you can block this feature update but still obtain security updates. If you would rather not edit the registry you can use the freeware utility InControl from GRC to do this for you.

ICYMI, Windows 11 24H2 drops support for WMR which means the Reverb G2 will no longer work in Windows 11.

Hopefully the community will find a solution, but to be safe you might want to block this update for now. With registry settings you can block this feature update but still obtain security updates. If you would rather not edit the registry you can use the freeware utility InControl from GRC to do this for you.

not supporting a feature is one thing, but disabling it is another, not a good look to disable everyone's headsets

that is a bloody disgrace. its still a perfectly functional vr headset

Just create a 200GB partition on a drive and install windows 10 (or Windows 11 24h2) and your Reverb. You can still access your steam library by pointing the Windows 10 partition to your other drive install location.

Last edited:
Some nerds out there had better make the G2 keep working after this ridiculous decision by Microsoft to nerf mixed reality.

I'm saying this as I got a PSVR2 this week plus the adapter. I think it's a great headset and superb for games like Alyx and dark atmospheric games due to the OLED panels etc etc. However for sims and especially MSFS 2020 where clarity is king, I just can't believe how good the G2 is! Tried it again today to compare to the PSVR2 and the G2 is so crisp and sharp in comparison - in this particular game - it's ridiculous.

The G2 HAS to carry on, how do we make this happen?

Back
Top Bottom