***HTC Magic Thread***

Some more apps which mrk didn't mention:

advanced task manager - does what is says on the tin
facebook sync - compares your contacts with your facebook friends list and pulls pics of them so your contacts have pics
ahome/open home/dxtop/sweeter home - different home apps with lots of cool themes, ahome and openhome have free 'lite' versions and sweeter home is free
qype - tells you good restaurants/bars/pubs/clubs etc in your area and gives you reviews of them
shazam - tells you which song is playing

locale - changes settings depending on your location e.g. if in work it might put the phone into silent mode automatically etc...has no cupcake version right now but will be ready soon.

games

throttlecopter!!!
bonsai blast
sudoku

Thanks for that. :)

Have you tried any apps for other IMs? Was that video above using 3G or WiFi?

video was over wifi, works in 3g too but takes longer to load :)

I've not tried MSN yet but Google talk works perfectly, es expected!

Also standard texts are displayed like IMs in a threaded view.

Oh the screen quality itself is very very good, it's like an IPS panel TFT - the depth and colour is very deep, my colleague was looking at it today and the first thing he mentioned was how nice the screen was. I would say that it is beyond the iPhone's screen quality!

Really like the look of this. Some lovely pics and videos from you guys. I had a play with one in a Vodafone store and i certainly like the build quality, screen and the general fluidity of the operating system.

One thing bothers me though. I've always used hotmail, and i get the impression that a lot of the great features of the phone are centered around the g-mail and the great contact managing etc as mrk has raved about. So my question is, would you be missing out in this sense if you don't have a g-mail account ? And does the phone allow you to setup a hotmail inbox to pick up your e-mail, like other phones allow, or is it strictly g-mail only ?

:)

There is a mail app where you can configure other mailboxes etc so should be ok, of course you don't have to have gmail to manage contacts but it makes it much quicker and easier to add contacts into gmail then just sync from phone - else you spend all day porting contacts one by one!

The screen quality? I don't understand why people iPhone bash. I still wouldn't buy the magic over the iPhone. IMO it lowers the thread. :)

Huh?
There is no "iphone bash" here, I am merely stating the obvious in saying the screen quality is better than the iphone having used one considering people will be directly comparing this phone to the iphone it's worth noting all the differences however small.

I would have got an iphone had the monthly rental been cheaper and had it had similar Google sync the Android OS has too.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived :D

magic1.jpg

I love the "Please remove the device from your pants before sitting down" warning!

Wow it's light...

The box is wee small indeed :D

I've noticed that when in 2G mode that nearby speakers/headsets will get interference more than my old phone, my old phone got no such interference that I can remember but then again it was not an always online phone so perhaps it's the regular synching that's causing it on these new always online devices.

In 3G mode though there is no such interference. I'll recharge the battery tonight and leave the phone in 3G mode to see how long it lasts, if it's 2-3 days with general usage then I'll just leave it in 3G mode but the good thing is it charges via mini USB so virtually anywhere you go there's bound to be something with a USB socket/cable!

I wonder if 3rd parties will release higher mAh batteries too given the current advances in batteries!

I want, i want. :)

Vodafone or Phones4u? Where you get them from chaps? I don't mind the 24 month contract from Vodafone online really so I am thinking there.

Oh plus the £90 cash back.

Thats good then, I have my phone on charge when ever I am in, plus always put it on charge at night time.

Last edited:
I wonder if 3rd parties will release higher mAh batteries too given the current advances in batteries!
I must admit that when I consider a new phone I always check to see if either the phone manufacturer or a third party make batteries with higher mAh values so I can have a backup or just use the more powerful batteries straight away. I'm so choosy that a phone that doesn't have alternative batteries available normally gets junked from my wishlist. :o:cool:

I must admit that when I consider a new phone I always check to see if either the phone manufacturer or a third party make batteries with higher mAh values so I can have a backup or just use the more powerful batteries straight away. I'm so choosy that a phone that doesn't have alternative batteries available normally gets junked from my wishlist. :o:cool:

htc normally produce a bigger battery option (without it my diamond was unusable!)

Back
Top Bottom