***HTC Magic Thread***

To uninstall apps not seen by appmanager you need to install ASTRO or Advanced Task Manager, the default app manager or market downloads area won't see apps unless they were installed via the market.

aTrackDog is absolute pwn for keeping your non market seen apps updated too :)

Also, new wallpaper :D

htcmagic_desktop.jpg

aTrackDog tells me a few apps have an available update when they don't. For example, it says Google maps is currently version 3.1.2 but a new version, 3.2.0, is available but it's not.

Nice wallpaper. Prefer mine ;)

Your camera must be 1000 times better than the one I used. 10 mega pixel but cheap and nasty (it's not mine)

ElliotR%27s%20Magic.JPG

To uninstall apps not seen by appmanager you need to install ASTRO or Advanced Task Manager, the default app manager or market downloads area won't see apps unless they were installed via the market.

Yeah but AppManager wasn't seeing any apps installed at all, just sat there with the progress animation ad infinitum.

Regardless, just reinstalled 4.04, had a few more force closes and the lack of the Hero keyboard sealed it for me. Donut looks OK though; I'll definitely be upgrading when Cyan releases a stable version.

Quick question- in "Email" (not GoogleMail) I have a couple of POP3 accounts. The only problem I have is on the accounts page, the total never seems to reset when mail is read/deleted. Just keeps going up and up.
It doesn't even reflect the live account.

Any ideas how I can clear this??

Well after reading this thread i took the plunge and got some magic!:cool:, loving it so far, such a big change from my n95. My number gets ported tomorrow.

So do use recommend rooting the phone?

Any essisential apps i should get?

I have been browsing the market and a lot of the apps are free, is this correct or do you get the first couple free??

Rooting. It's easy to do but does come with the risk of borking your phone. the risk is minimal but it's there nonetheless (I like the word nonetheless).

Quite a few of us Magic owners on this very forum are rooted and running a variety of rom's, most notably Cyanogen's. His 4.0.4 is quite a bit faster that the standard 1.5 Cupcake phone and is very nice and stable. Some of us are currently running his latest rom, 4.1.11.1 but if you do root your phone I'd recommend going for 4.0.4 for a while and maybe then go for 4.1.11.1, or wait till the mythical 4.2 which is meant to be the next stable version. 4.1.11.1, though fast, does have a few quirks and being based on 1.6 Donut, some app's are a little problematic.

Apps. There are a tonne of apps out there.

Shopsavvy - a barcode scanner that compare prices
Twidroid - arguably the best Twitter app for Android but the new version today seems a little buggy
Google Sky Map - Just get it and be prepared to go WOW
Weatherbug - a good weather app that can put a widget on your homescreen showing whats happening outside your window, in case you don't fancy looking outside your window.
Handcent SMS - a great sms app that gives you chat bubble style conco's for your sms's
MyTracks - a great program that lets you track, on google maps, your walking/running/biking allowing you to compare times from previous efforts. It's a great app.

and so on.

I have been browsing the market and a lot of the apps are free, is this correct or do you get the first couple free??

Any app that is free is free. There are loads :)

Re: rooting, I would suggest getting used to the phone and what it has to offer first before you decide to take the plunge.

Back
Top Bottom