***HTC Magic Thread***

lol :D, are any of the cheap ones of ebay any good, i wouldnt bother tbh, only i didnt insure the phone and im likely to scratch it at some point :eek:

If this gets me another ban I am gonna be damn annoyed :D

go to some random websites and search for HTC Magic screen protector and when you see one by Qubits for £2.90 thats the one I got. When you click ont he link it says its by podjunkie.

Come on mods thats an innocent post surely?

Thanks ElliorR, followed your guide and seems to have worked a treat!

What made me make the leap was my gmail stopped syncing a few days ago and all adjustments to settings and reboots wouldnt fix it.

I have tweaked the WAP&MMS settings from mrk's pdf, and chosen vodafone as my network. Anything else fairly important that Im missing to setup guys?

Glad it worked, though it wasn't a guide, just a description of my rooting/flashing process ;)

Get SetCPU, either for $0.99 from the market or free from xda-developers forums, and overclock the phone to 528mhz.

Other than that it's business as usual but at a somewhat faster pace.

Is there any way to get this phone to hook up to Exchange without rooting it? Heard that HTC had disabled this functionality for some reason? What else have they knobbled?

Was all set to get an iPhone but, since my mate got a Magic, I'm getting more and more impressed with it tbh.

Any 640x480 pic will be perfect as a wallpaper without having to lose any of it.

I download mine as I am useless at anything arty.

As for exchange, I think there are apps that do this without the phone being rooted. Don't quote me on that though.

Was all set to get an iPhone but, since my mate got a Magic, I'm getting more and more impressed with it tbh.

Personally I'd stick with the iPhone. I've found my magic a bit of a disapointment; very slow, terrible battery life and (perhaps most annoyingly) won't receive calls when browsing the Internet.

Personally I'd stick with the iPhone. I've found my magic a bit of a disapointment; very slow, terrible battery life and (perhaps most annoyingly) won't receive calls when browsing the Internet.

Huh?, huh? and huh?

The Magic is the quickest and most responsive phone i've had. iPhone is only quick due to the lack of multitasking (hahahahahahaha! What modern OS doesn't multitask? Even Amiga OS in 1984 could do that.... i'll bet even earlier OS' could multitask!)

Battery life isn't great but if you use it all the time then the battery will drain quicker ;).

I have had calls whilst browsing the net? Yours must be broken or is it something to do with browsing when in a 2G area? In that case that is a network issue not the Magics.

Huh?, huh? and huh?

The Magic is the quickest and most responsive phone i've had. iPhone is only quick due to the lack of multitasking (hahahahahahaha! What modern OS doesn't multitask? Even Amiga OS in 1984 could do that.... i'll bet even earlier OS' could multitask!)

Battery life isn't great but if you use it all the time then the battery will drain quicker ;).

I have had calls whilst browsing the net? Yours must be broken or is it something to do with browsing when in a 2G area? In that case that is a network issue not the Magics.

Yep, mine is v slow. Battery doesn't last a day which is completely unacceptable.

I get up at 0550, take my Magic off charge, use it all day on 3g, not turning off wifi or gps, use various apps and play the odd game and then I put it on charge when I goto bed between 2200 and 2300. The lowest my battery has gone down to is 20%. Seems pretty good to me considering.

Anyway, each to their own. it'd be a crappier world if we all liked the same things.

I get up at 0550, take my Magic off charge, use it all day on 3g, not turning off wifi or gps, use various apps and play the odd game and then I put it on charge when I goto bed between 2200 and 2300. The lowest my battery has gone down to is 20%. Seems pretty good to me considering.

Anyway, each to their own. it'd be a crappier world if we all liked the same things.

How many calls do you make?

Back
Top Bottom