***HTC Magic Thread***

I fear I have destroyed my Magic after trying to root it. Everything was going well, until I tried to flash the ROM and it said the file was "bad" or something like that. I did a Nandroid backup but I can't get to any screen which lets me recover it. I have spent the last three hours trying to do it via USB.

Power + Back; Power + Home; Power + Ball... all are unsuccessful.

I fear I have destroyed my Magic after trying to root it. Everything was going well, until I tried to flash the ROM and it said the file was "bad" or something like that. I did a Nandroid backup but I can't get to any screen which lets me recover it. I have spent the last three hours trying to do it via USB.

Power + Back; Power + Home; Power + Ball... all are unsuccessful.

You need to press the Power + Back to boot into the white boot screen.

You then have to use the recovery image on your pc to boot the phone into recovery mode.

adb fastboot boot recovery-image.img

Or something along those lines.

This will bring you into the recovery mode were you can restore from nandroid or send down a new image.

I would suggest reading up on the adb commands.

Right well im officially bored of my Magic...i had it replaced last week as the accelerometer was broke on my original one...got a new one but i just cant be bothered to even use it...the novelty of the phone has worn off plus im lucky to get 3G signal where i work despite Voda telling me otherwise:rolleyes:

So seeing as its literally brand new...not even turned on...anyone have any idea as to what i could get for it if i sold it??...was thinking around £250ish but dont know if thats too high a price or not. Also does anyone know if its possible to unlock the Magic to other networks??..i can use a tmobile sim in it but it doesnt give me a 3G signal...i suppose thats down to vodafone locking the handset to their network??.

I'm not bored of my magic just yet :p Google maps is much faster than the stock Google maps app in Cyanogen's rom so I'm enjoying playing around hehe!

I have had 2 random reboots though the past 2 weeks.

Other than that everything just works nice and fast.

Right well im officially bored of my Magic...i had it replaced last week as the accelerometer was broke on my original one...got a new one but i just cant be bothered to even use it...the novelty of the phone has worn off plus im lucky to get 3G signal where i work despite Voda telling me otherwise:rolleyes:

So seeing as its literally brand new...not even turned on...anyone have any idea as to what i could get for it if i sold it??...was thinking around £250ish but dont know if thats too high a price or not. Also does anyone know if its possible to unlock the Magic to other networks??..i can use a tmobile sim in it but it doesnt give me a 3G signal...i suppose thats down to vodafone locking the handset to their network??.

MM for £200. doubt you can do better than that. I'm gonna sell mine too.

Well, I managed to fix my phone and I am now running Cyanogen 4.1.11.1

I thought the HTC keyboard was included in this ROM? I was using it with the stock install, but can't find how to activate it here. Advice?

EDIT: fixed

EDIT2: Is there a way to stop the HTC keyboard defaulting to "abc" rather than predictive?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom