***HTC Magic Thread***

It's not, you have to make sure there is swap space, apps2sd space, the latest radio and SPL installed etc. etc.

Cyan is by far the easiest one to do.

Lol i forgot about that, been using an ext4 partition for Cyan's roms too so it's just the same for me, i also keep a linux-swap partition just incase i fancy a change in rom.

And if you haven't done so already you should really try using apps2sd, it just makes everything so much faster :P

Well it's been 24 hours running 4.1.99 and I have to say that, for me, it's a vast improvement over 4.1.1.11. I've had 2 minor glitches that I can't replicate and thats it.

Cyanogen must be very close to releasing a stable version if my experience is reasonably standard.

The only known issue in 4199 is that bluetooth is flaky, I guess 4.2 will fix this and be a stable release.

Lol i forgot about that, been using an ext4 partition for Cyan's roms too so it's just the same for me, i also keep a linux-swap partition just incase i fancy a change in rom.

And if you haven't done so already you should really try using apps2sd, it just makes everything so much faster :P

Cyan's roms are auto apps2sd lol, if it sees an EXTx partition on the card it will port all apps to the SD at boot :P

Stay updated!

v4.1.999
* BFS-303 (fixes some regressions like statusbar fling) <--- woo!
* Fixed BT not working (firmware) <--- woo!
* Updated APN list
* New wallpapers from matt_stang
* Fixed crazy compcache settings
* Fixed syntax error in userinit startup
* Fixed build.prop files
* Patch for LocationManagerService wakelock issue
* More nines

The messed up notifications bar thing was a little irritating, nice to see it fixed. The zoom/fade transition animations in 1.6 are really nice, turned them on, just makes everything feel a bit more swish, similar to when I had an iphone.

Bloo is the est Facebook app :)

The latest rom is so fast and smooth, I did not think it could get faster than before.

I was wrong.

Anyone know of a gallery app that allows flicking through photos etc? that's the only missing thing on Android :p

Edit*

I think I have too many apps!

Advanced Task Manager,3.4
2G-3G OnOff,1.0.0
AdFree,0.2.11
AndFTP,1.0RC11
Androbex,1.2.2
ASTRO,1.4.1
aTrackDog,2.55
Barcode Scanner,2.93
Bedside,2.1.7
beebPlayer,0.4.9
Bloo,1.3.8b
Bluetooth OnOff,1.0.2
Bookmarker,1.0.2
CM Updater,4.1
Compass,1.0.12
Gmote,2.0.3
Google Sky Map,1.1
GPS OnOff,1.1.1
GPS Status 2,2.0
Here I Am,1.1.2
i Music,1.0.31
Keeper,keeper_9_20_09
Log Collector,1.0.0
LOLcats,1.2.44
My Battery Status,2.0.4
My Tracks,1.0.6
MyBackup Pro,2.0.4
NASAImages,0.8
Phonalyzr,1.1.1
Pkt Auctions eBay,1.63
Places Directory,1.0.16
Rings Extended,1.1
Screenshot,1.1.0
SetCPU,1.4.0a
Shazam,1.1
ShopSavvy,3.5.2
SlideME Application Manager,3.1
SMS Backup,1.1.0
Sticky Note,1.1.4
StreamFurious,1.0.3
tCalendarWidget,1.0.6
Ultimate Stopwatch,2.1.0
Wifi Analyzer,1.10
WiFi OnOff,1.2.0
Wireless Tether for Root Users,1.60-pre3
Total 45 applications.

Last edited:
Can i update from 4.1.99 to 4.1.999 by just updating it through the power+home method or do i have to do a wipe like the previous instructions said?

Havn't got anything setup to backup my apps so having to reinstall all those again is a pain!

Use the method I linked earlier above to create an EXT SD card partition, this is an automated script you just run, it will put apps on SD when you boot up and you'll never have to reinstall apps again....even after a wipe as Cyan roms will detect the partition and pull the apps in. Then just use MyBackup Pro to backup Android settings and restore "if" needed, MBP includes backing up of everything from bookmarks to home screen shortcuts.

Updating the newer Cyan roms requires no wipe.

I'll have to invest in a larger sd card before i do that. Last time i tried restoring using mybackup it had a bit of a fit as the ringtones were no longer available (I adb push the package of ringtones over as he only includes 1 rubbish one as standard!). Have you had any issues with it?

I don't think my Sandisk 4GB sent by Vodafone is Class 6 but only Class 5 and I have no real problems yet, maybe it is class 6 though I don't know...nowhere on the card does it say!

I have to push it to /system/media/audio though as i use a usb connecter for my car stereo. If I leave the folder on the sdcard my car stereo will start playing ringtones when I put it on random!

I picked up an 8GB Transcend class 6 micro SDHC card for £13.99 when they're that cheap you might as well get the fastest.

Back
Top Bottom