***HTC Magic Thread***

You would just buy the handset or get a new contract?

Well if T-Mobile had a phone I fancied then I'd probably do it on contract when mine came up for renewal. If not I'd just buy what I wanted as I did with this Magic.

BTW I restored my nandroid backup to the old cupcake that I was on. My accelerometer works again.. at least I dont have to send it back (phew)!

So you're back to the default phone version of Android? How do you do it exactly? Just copy the files from the nandroid backup folder to the root and do a restore?

So you're back to the default phone version of Android?

How do you do it exactly? Just copy the files from the nandroid backup folder to the root and do a restore?

Yes.

I rebooted using home + power, then selected 'revert to last nandroid backup' in the menu (said something like that).

As it was my latest backup it switched me back to that.

I'm playing with the Hero ROMs atm, quite liking the facebook/twitter integration they've got going on, speed is pretty decent too now.

I'm playing with the Hero ROMs atm, quite liking the facebook/twitter integration they've got going on, speed is pretty decent too now.

Which Hero ROM are you using? I tried this one myself but i just couldn't handle how slow it was :(

I'd install a Hero .rom if I could work out how to. There's always about 233 steps that confuse me :(

It's just the same as any other ROM mate :)

Doing it now. A little nervous :D

<edit> so far so good, it all installed OK and have booted up and checked the versions in "about phone". Currently doign a couple of reboots, as instructed (not sure if that is deffo needed but I am following the instuctions to the letter.

Last edited:
BTW anyone still unsure as to creating an EXT pertition to get apps to SD working (auto on Cyan roms if part exists) I used this method using ADB (so no need to boot into Linux live CD etc)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543985

And got:

Code:
performing selected actions...

creating fat32 partition...done
creating ext2 partition...done
creating swap partition...done

adding journaling to /dev/block/mmcblk0p2...done

retrieving current sdcard information...

Model: SD SU04G (sd/mmc)
Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 3965MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system     Flags
 1      32.3kB  3422MB  3422MB  primary  fat32           lba
 2      3422MB  3933MB  511MB   primary  ext3
 3      3933MB  3965MB  32.2MB  primary  linux-swap(v1)

/ #

:D

It won't play HD based content, needs to be in a supported resolution too so needs to be re-encoded smaller res.

I use mediashow espresso to gpu convert to .mp4 using the iPhone profile, works great.

Which Hero ROM are you using? I tried this one myself but i just couldn't handle how slow it was :(
I was using the same, it wasn't slow all the time, and when it was responsive it was pretty quick, just for some reason it would suddenly lag really badly for a few seconds, has put me off a bit but I like what HTC have done with it, maybe the Moto Blur stuff will be less heavy that looks interesting too

I was using the same, it wasn't slow all the time, and when it was responsive it was pretty quick, just for some reason it would suddenly lag really badly for a few seconds, has put me off a bit but I like what HTC have done with it, maybe the Moto Blur stuff will be less heavy that looks interesting too

Tried the latest 2.9.8a with A2SD last night, almost as fast as CyanogenMod 4.1.11.1.1.1.1 :) Didn't stick with it though and updated to Cyan's 4.1.99 and OMFG is that fast :D, really can't wait for the stable version.

did you have an ext3+swap partition? this speeds things up somewhat!
I did, class 6 card too, when it was ok it was bloody snappy, would just get periods of intense lag or "Loading" at the homescreen.
Just got 4.1.99, and to echo Raz84, wow is it quick.

Back
Top Bottom