***HTC Magic Thread***

Very weird.

I didn't actually use that guide, but that was ages ago.

Basically, IIRC the process of flashing with amon ra's (v1.4) recovery image, putting latest cyanogen onto SD root, rebooting into recovery mode, creating a nandroid backup then choosing to flash zip from SD and flash using the rom on the SD root. Remember to wipe in recovery mode before/after flashing too.

Someone correct that if this process has changed since before!

Why are people on XDA forums so incapable of writing clear instructions? I know a certain amount of competence is needed to flash a phone, but they seem to assume they everyone knows all the jargon :(

Why are people on XDA forums so incapable of writing clear instructions? I know a certain amount of competence is needed to flash a phone, but they seem to assume they everyone knows all the jargon :(

I totally agree. I'm a software developer and I struggle with how processes are explained... or in fact the lack of explanation!

I agree.

Anyone give me a clue how to get Nav working on Google maps?

I have maps 3.2.1 downloaded but i cant install it nor uninstall the older one.

I have Nav launcher also if any of that helps..

MRK, i see you got it going, care to share? :)

Ok i found this, didn't work for me though.... :(

Sure i typed it all correctly, maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

Download and copy the new Google Maps 3.2.1 APK to your sdcard.
Can be found at: http://www.myhangoutonline.com/downloads/

open a terminal window:

(For Cyanogen Builds)

type: su
type: mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
type: rm /system/app/Maps.apk
type: cp /sdcard/Maps.apk /system/app

TA RA! lol welcome to Google Maps 3.2.1 w/ Nav.

*** UPDATE *** If for any reason it's not 3.2.1 after installing, you'll be able to just download 3.2.1 from the market now and it'll install perfectly... Either way, The file should be fixed and it should be 3.2.1 now.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5009992#post5009992

Back
Top Bottom