***HTC Magic Thread***

boooo... updated to 4.2.10.1 this morning and its dog slow.

Cant get past the lock screen most of the time and when i do its like the handset is running in slow-mo.

Back i go methinks.

Converted my ext3 to ext4 and its running faster for me on 10.1. Then again a lot of people say things like that, and im sure 90% of the time its down to people rebooting their phone!

MarcLister, do you still have Cyanogen 1.4 Recovery or did you update to Amon Ra's?

If you have Cyanogens, thats installed when you root, and you didn'y use something like sdparted script via adb then you most likely just have a fat 32 partition.

If you update your recovery to amon ra's then you can format the sdcard within recovery mode without having to know what to type in a command line.

To read SD card info and current ext type etc simply follow this method below:

1: View Instructions @ http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/sdparted how to.htm

2: Download sdparted.txt to your AndroidSDK tools folder @ http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/sdparted.txt

3: After loading up into Console on the phone and preloaded the environment needed to use sdparted use the following command:

sdparted.JPG

The Normal partition is meant to be fat32 :)

Just what I hope is a quick question, when it talks about going into the console are you able to do this all by adb or are you meant to do it with the on screen keyboard. When I last tried to do something with console I found I couldn't type any numbers with the on screen keyboard and gave in fairly quickly.

Using OSX if anyone has a step by step guide for doing this type of thing that would be nice!

Cheers

When people talk about using the console what they usually mean is the console in recovery mode. The problem for us is they are using the G1 whch has a physical keyboard.

To get round this we Magic users can use adb via a cmd prompt on your computer thats connected to your phone.

As for OSX I have no idea how to do this.

Back
Top Bottom