***HTC Magic Thread***

My 8GB Class 6 works nicely on it :)

BTW the new Contacts mod from Wysie (included in Cyan's) is excellent, so much customisation for the whole Phone.apk and contacts subsystem :D

If you do indeed format your card to include an ext4 and swap partition don't forget to back up your card first.

I know thats like saying don't forget to breathe but I'd rather say it and you do it anyway than not say it and you forget :p

The benefits are numerous, fast due to a lot of optimisation, lots of Android 2.0.1 features included.

The problem you have, if you are 1.6 Donut is there doesn't seem to be a way to root the phone to allow for using a custom rom. Several posters here have tried and failed.

CHANGELOG

---- v4.2.11.1
* Revert sdcc patch that doesn't work right

---- v.4.2.11
* Fixed ext filesystem confusion problems
* Added backwards compatibility code for services (fixes issues with apps like K9 and Locale)
* Pinch zoom for Browser, pinch zoom and swipe for Gallery (work in progress!!)
* Updated French translations
* Updated contacts app from Wysie
* Fixed "add to playlist" while BT enabled
* Fixed FC of select contact button in MMS
* Fixed browser download list
* Minor image tweaks from prash
* RTL fixes from omri
* Other stuff!

stuck 4.2.11.1 on this morning and its running a treat, new browser is very swift.

Im still running on stock firmware (1.6 I beleive)
Whats the benifits of this Cyanogenmod rom?

The problem you have, if you are 1.6 Donut is there doesn't seem to be a way to root the phone to allow for using a custom rom. Several posters here have tried and failed.

As one who has failed I would still like for you to try rooting / downgrading. You may have more luck than the few of us that have tried.

.10 and .11 have both killed my phone, :(

Just locks the whole thing up.

Had to do a Nandroid restore each time.

Any thing i can do to try and sort it?

Might be your SD card if you're not using ext/swap etc?

If you have a RA recovery (1.5.2) you could try formatting/partitioning again and using EXT4 then moving apps+dalv to the SD card again?

Back
Top Bottom