***HTC Magic Thread***

oh my god tonyyeb, don't bother posting about it on XDA anymore. I said in my thread there that I was a noob thinking they were all proper expert android geeks on there. How wrong I was.

If we don't get a solution to this I am selling the phone. I need Root and i've only lost it cus i got the phone repaired.

As soon as anyone hears anything about progress in downgrading to 1.5 from 1.6 please PM me.

Thanks

oh my god tonyyeb, don't bother posting about it on XDA anymore. I said in my thread there that I was a noob thinking they were all proper expert android geeks on there. How wrong I was.

If we don't get a solution to this I am selling the phone. I need Root and i've only lost it cus i got the phone repaired.

As soon as anyone hears anything about progress in downgrading to 1.5 from 1.6 please PM me.

Thanks

Funny you should say that cause i've just got this reply from someone on xda-devs:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5270274#post5270274

sandersw@xda-devs said:
I too had this problem with a Vodafone UK 32B Magic trying the "Downgrading from 1.6 TO 1.5 and Rooting for T-Mobile MT3G" method.

But when I tried the alternative "Non-TMobile 32B Magics" method at that link, in other words using the Android SDK & fastboot to boot the cm-recovery-1.4, that worked like a dream.

So I didn't need to go the goldcard route.

Anyone with 1.6 here willing to give it go?

I used the android sdk when rooting my phone and cm-recovery and it did work. Sadly its not a 1.6, but if the sdk lets you change from which version (which I assume it would have to for checking compatibility) then no reason it wouldn't work.

You guys have tried Dolphin Browser from the Market?

It is WIN. Faster than stock browser, has multitouch that is more responsive and is more featurepacked with gestures and Google services!

You all know I can't stand this phone already.. but lately I have come too close to throwing it against a wall.

Can anyone help me get through the 12 months I am forced to live with it?

My problems are:

The keyboard is terrible and slow to respond: The original keyboard was ridiculous and have gone with using hero's keyboard but is there any better? Because it is far from being OK. Texting someone is just a joke! I press the area correctly and it will just hang for between 500ms to a second, this happens while I am already pressing the 3rd character afterwards... thus messing up the sentence and I have to delete and go back and try again. This happens daily and I just can't be bothered to text long replies anymore because of it. For this reason alone I am close to putting my sim into an old knackered Nokia 3210 just to be able to text at some kind of decent speed reliably.

Frequent loss of signal: I am with vodafone and this isn't a go at them as the network connectivity is pretty good here, but my work has quite thick walls and a supermarket I go to are pretty much a Faraday cage so the signal gets lost, I can understand that. But my HTC magic will no way try to reconnect once outside in the open in an area that I know to be fine for reception. It just hangs on no signal, only a power off and on will fix it. So bloody annoying considering the thing takes 3 minutes to be usable after pressing power on.

Sluggish nature of the OS: Pressing menu sometimes it will take 2 seconds to get the menu up.

Please help....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom