***HTC Magic Thread***

the magic doesn't support bluetooth file transfer, I bet there will be a application for it soon, for now its just headsets.

Also the htc applications that are missing, were not ready for the launch day, again they will might appear on the market place, that's whats been said in the vodafone eforum.

Ah awesome! btw I found a net meter that shows bandwidth usage in a very well laid out way and con export etc.

"Network Traffic Counter"

It seems some people are unsure of what home apps are. They change the way the home screen works and also allow more customisation of it than the default home screen allows. For example, many have a 'dock' which is a permanent area of chosen apps which is present on all your home screens. Most home apps allow you to add more home screens than the default 3 - up to 10 in some cases although I can't imagine needing that many! They also tend to have more widgets such as funky clocks, weather displays etc to place on home screens. They have themes or skins which change the way the icons and docks/widgets look. Some, such as sweeter home allow you to overlap pics on your home screen and resize them at the same time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZwQez-dUdY is a nice example).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NGHKGEO4k - ahome lite demo (has dock at bottom, up to 10 home screens in full version, widgets, themes...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygYM3tjWAo&feature=related - openhome demo (has dock as a star icon, up to 7 screens in full version, has 'skins' and widgets...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twcUFkTRRQw - dxtop has no free version but looks quite interesting, only ever one swipe away from all 4 screens, has widgets and themes too

Also check out sweeter home which is newer and a bit rougher perhaps but has quite a lot of flexibility.

Hope all this helps to clear things up!

Last edited:
i dont believe how expensive it will be to get this phone where i live :eek:

to get the phone free, i will have to pay £50 a month, for 24 months :eek:

(not that paying £50 for the handset is bad...but the monthly cost is still huge no matter what i pay for the handset.)

i'd be best buying it sim free from ebay it seems.

You mean an android avatar instead of their contacts pics you asisgne dthem (or they assigned themselves if they use Gmail) ?

I'd run an autosync again if that's the case and make sure the phone is set to auto sync.

the magic doesn't support bluetooth file transfer, I bet there will be a application for it soon, for now its just headsets.

Also the htc applications that are missing, were not ready for the launch day, again they will might appear on the market place, that's whats been said in the vodafone eforum.

Ahh cheers for clearing the Bluetooth part up:)...hopefully there will be an app for it soon...i dont get why put BT on a handset but leave out the file transfer bit:confused:..wonder if its a Voda thing, android or HTC doing it.

Looking forward to some of those HTC apps appearing soon but not really that fussed.

Totally hooked on this device...spent till the early hrs last nite downloading quite a few apps lol...set up ahome app and got it looking like the iphone...had a few other themes on there but nothing that really caught my fancy...only thing is that ahome does cost...but not expensive only about £3 or something....so at the moment my Magic is looking pretty slick i must say.

Everyone whos seen it likes it...in fact my brother is wanting one now:p but he doesnt want to go with Voda lol. A few of my guys in the office today have been drooling over it as well.

Love this device as it reminds me of the iphone in the way it behaves ie touchscreen and the marketplace but the good thing is that it isnt closed like the iphone is.

/me off to download some more apps:p:D

Do you have a video of the iphone ahome interface? is it exactly like iPhone? :D

One thing i'd like to have is a shell replacement that allows me to group apps into categories, like games, internet, system tools etc etc - at the mo they all sit there in alpha order!

Even if there was a separator like in Firefox bookmarks that would be fine. must be an app for it!

Do you have a video of the iphone ahome interface? is it exactly like iPhone? :D

One thing i'd like to have is a shell replacement that allows me to group apps into categories, like games, internet, system tools etc etc - at the mo they all sit there in alpha order!

Even if there was a separator like in Firefox bookmarks that would be fine. must be an app for it!

Im at work at the moment so havent got access to a cam so i can take a video of the ahome interface...i just went on youtube and had a look at some of the vids for ahome.

Its quite neat...i wouldnt say its exactly like the iphone but similar....im still getting my head around it so doing a few things that have some interesting behaviour lol.

I know in sweeter home you can do this. Don't know about ahome or openhome though...I think the easiest solution is to have a home screen for each category.

Back
Top Bottom