***HTC Magic Thread***

I returned it within the 14 days, said I disliked the UI of the Nokia and the music player was poop - they were happy to swap it for the HTC which was on a cheaper contract too!

Must be when his contract can be renewed/upgraded I guess..
Yup. :)

The earliest I can upgrade is at the end of June and I am highly considering getting this mobile.

My Samsung F700 has been amazing though and it still feels modern for an 18 month old mobile, I just hope I don't miss the slide out keyboard and wish I had gone for the N97.

I had the 5800 and the HTC is miles better in terms of build quality. The screen itself doesn't feel plastic and thin and doesn't flex like the Nokia one did.

It does not feel cheap at all, as I mentioned before, it feels like a one piece unit and feels tough although I'm not going to test it to it's limits anytime soon :p

The pouch it comes with is fine, it's soft and padded inside so will protect it nicely, it's leathery too and has stitched edging but the opening remains open so if you drop it and it falls that side first then there may be problems....

I use it as a mattress when I put the phone on the table at work for example, stops the back from scratching :p

The headset is poo quality, as with most bundled headsets. Best buying a 3.5mm adapter for £1 on ebay then using your own headphones.

The music player works nicely too, does anyone know if there's a special way to put music on the sd card too like you do with ringtones and stuff?

Sorry to keep pestering you, but does it not come with a supplied headphone adapter?

Yup it's in a special area called MarketPlace - a portal if you will where only applications live :D

You can browse comments, leave comments and rate apps too. Some comment owners are bumders though because they like to spam...

I take it it is safe to sit down with the phone in your pocket? Doesn't feel like it's gonna break does it? I just want to be certain im not going to spend the next 18 months worrying i'm gonna break it. prob going to order one tomorrow :)

I dont follow. :(

Editted posts say 'editted' after someone has added to the thread right?
Your post said "Please delete this" or something like that. The don wouldn't have removed the post if it wasn't clear to them that the post was to be deleted at the poster's request.

And I think if you edit a post within 2 minutes of its original posting time it doesn't say the post has been edited.

Sorry, i obviously caused some confusion. I edited the post (Please delete) because i found the answer by reading up the page. I wasn't sure what the etiquette for post removal is around here. It's always annoyed me that there is no delete button on this forum for my own posts................Anyway, we're off topic so i'll shut up.

Your post said "Please delete this" or something like that. The don wouldn't have removed the post if it wasn't clear to them that the post was to be deleted at the poster's request.

And I think if you edit a post within 2 minutes of its original posting time it doesn't say the post has been edited.

Please read Alfies post above. Just in case HE gets it removed again, I will quote what HE posted before im tagged wrongly to it again! :P

Sorry, i obviously caused some confusion. I edited the post (Please delete) because i found the answer by reading up the page. I wasn't sure what the etiquette for post removal is around here. It's always annoyed me that there is no delete button on this forum for my own posts................Anyway, we're off topic so i'll shut up.

The deleted post was by Alfie, and was deleted at user request. Can we get back on topic now please.

Right i picked one of these up yesterday...aftyer reading mrks comments and having a look at the videos posted. I was passing through paddington station in London and saw a voda shop so went in there and had a play with a live unit and OMFG what an awesome little device it is...very iphone-ish imo ie the touchscreen is superb...extremely responsive and intuitive. So asked what sort of tariffs they were on and was told that a £35 a month tariff which includes 600mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet was available for the phone...the phone is free but the contract runs for 24mths rather than 18mths...if i wanted the 18mths id have to pay £50 for the phone. So after umming and ahhing about it...well took me 5 mins to decide i went back in and said lets be having one then lol.

Now after signing the contract etc and getting it all set up...i had a play with it on the train to Bristol so had a good few hrs of playtime with it. And honestly next to my BB Bold i love this phone...its very nicely built...slim and quite stylish...well compared to the toy phone that was the G1. Love the screen, its extremely responsive and similar to the iphone so it took me a matter to get to grips with it etc. At the moment its on charge as ive just run the battery down but before i did so i did download some apps ie labyrinth and chomp sms.

Now onto the few issues ive had so far...for some odd reason i cant seem to receive any bluetooth stuff ie ringtones etc. I have the phone paired to my BB Bold and i can send but the Magic doenst seem to accept...keeps saying its been rejected...checked all the settings so i dont know why its doing that....saying that the file that i did BT over showed up in my music list so very strange:confused:

Anyhow thats about the only major issue i have so far...another thing...where do i get themes etc from??..are there any available and if so any links as i would like to have a decent theme and wallpaper. I noticed also that theres no facebook app like you get on the iphone and blackberry...does such an app exist?? and if so where so i find it??. Also no msn messenger type app for the Magic??...again does a proper msn client exist and if so where do i get it from??. Ive checked through the marketplace but cant see anything that meets my needs with regards to those 2 apps.
Another thing also is that the magic has 3 screens...the one with the clock face on it...can that not be changed to say a digital clock??

All in all what an awesome device this is...im definitely going to be running it as a iphone type phone ie put lots of games etc...so will keep me entertained. As much as i love my BB Bold and they have an apps store...its just not as good as the android or iphone apps store.

So big thanks to mrk...if it wasnt for him i would have never even given the magic a second glance:p.

Back
Top Bottom