***HTC Magic Thread***

Haha just downloaded beebplayer and now watching the last 2 episodes of Eastenders that i missed mon and tues...works very well...not great quality i will admit and the sound is a bit tinny to say the least but hey cant complain:p.

I have this incessant need for more apps...so if anyone knows of any decent apps then please post them up...bonsai blaster is awesome as a game...at first it didnt make any sense but im now up to level 4...quite an addictive game.

On the question with contacts...i have all my contacts synched with my outlook program but i guess theres no synch software for the Magic that allows it to synch with outlook so i can copy my contacts over??. From what i read of the minimal instruction booklet...it seems you can only do it via google..so i guess ill have to import all my contacts from outlook into google apps??

I'm looking at getting the Magic pretty soon and in preparation exported all my Outlook contacts to a CSV file format and simply uploaded that file to my Contacts in Google Mail.

Dead simple.

If i buy a htc magic, and unlock to use on three, using there internet addon 1gb/monthly for £5 would it be the same as getting it on vodafone pushes emails updates etc? or is it classed as not always on.

I'm looking at getting the Magic pretty soon and in preparation exported all my Outlook contacts to a CSV file format and simply uploaded that file to my Contacts in Google Mail.

Dead simple.

Well i figured it out by downloading google synch onto my BB Bold...so once i had that installed i just synched my contacts over to gmail then made sure they were synched properly...once i confirmed that i then synched my Magic to my gmail account and voila my contacts all appeared on the Magic.

I could have done it through the csv but didnt want to mess around too much.

Anyways its all sorted now so am a happy bunny.

Has anyone got one of these as an upgrade? Im curious as to what deals are offered on the Magic. Got to wait until June for my next upgrade (already on Voda) and have a horrible feeling they will try and fleece me as an existing customer :(

Might have to port my number to a payg sim and then back again!!

As said, I upgraded from Vodafone SE K800i to the HTC, they even gave an unlock code for the K800i so this will be going on sale soon :p

Initially they try and only give me the £35 a month contract, first guy said I could not have my current contract with the HTC unless I paid £100 for the handset but a few mentions of iPhone and another call a few days later and I was only charged £50 for the handset on £24 a month (half price unlimited web addon to my usual contract) :)

So I have:

125 xnet stop the clock mins (57mins free each weeknight/or all sat/sun)
250 texts
Unlimited internet)

Last edited:
Has anyone got one of these as an upgrade? Im curious as to what deals are offered on the Magic. Got to wait until June for my next upgrade (already on Voda) and have a horrible feeling they will try and fleece me as an existing customer :(

Might have to port my number to a payg sim and then back again!!

Upgrades on Vodafone are individual, there is no single price list to go off, the computer takes into account your spend over x amount of time, the amount of time you have been a customer, the length of contract you are looking to go for, etc etc, and then calculates a price for us.

I've worked for Vodafone for about 8 years now, the upgrade deals we're seeing at the moment are as good as they have ever been, but it will all come down to how much money you're actually making us a customer at the end of the day!

Not quite the Fisher Price phone after all, huh ;)

No thankfully it isnt, much better looking and ive already have had a few people ask me about it on the train him...even my bro is thinking of getting one...but i still prefer my 2 BB Bold's over this for communication purposes;)...not saying the Magic isnt any good at communication but for me its purely a device that i use as a media device a la iphone.

mrk which battery app is that you got??.

It's called My Battery Status - you simply run it and it sits in the notifications area with a little icon showing number percentage - easy stuff. You need to run it at each boot though which is not an issue if like me you leave it on all the time :p

I also LOVE the wya the call log system works on this phone, really logical in layout and shows you when you called, how long it lasted and also various other options.

In general, everything is awesome about it, a huge change form standard mobile phone OSes (and Win Mobile COUGH COUGH!!!)

was wondering if there was away to get the sreen to auto adjust the brightness for when using the phone in direct sunlight as i cant seem to find any option for that am undecided between my storm and the htc atm

was wondering if there was away to get the sreen to auto adjust the brightness for when using the phone in direct sunlight as i cant seem to find any option for that am undecided between my storm and the htc atm

I dont think there is...well not that i have seen.

As for your dilemma??..id go with the HTC Magic tbh...the Storm is good, i had one back in Dec but after a week i sent it back...ill be honest i love BB's..i have 2 Bolds that im running at the moment...yes i love my phones:p but the Storm imho isnt a great BB device...the touchscreen is hard to get to grips with...sure the clickscreen is great but after awhile its hard to navigate and type things out quickly...plus dust does get underneath the screen as it has a gap around it :/. Otherwise its a nicely built device but i feel the Storm was rushed out and so far OS upgrades havent really improved things much. Perhaps the new Storm that will be coming out will be better.

The HTC Magic touchscreen is an absolute joy to use...very responsive and similar to the iphone screen. I love it and havent had any trouble using the screen and usually i despise touchscreens...hated the HTC Touch Diamond touch screen but i like the Magics one.

Mrk cheers for that, ill have a look at that later on...i have one that goes with the ahome theme im running...its ok but sometimes crashes or hangs on me.

was wondering if there was away to get the screen to auto adjust the brightness for when using the phone in direct sunlight as i cant seem to find any option for that am undecided between my storm and the htc atm

There is an Ambient Light sensor app that costs about $2 - Have not tried it yet but it gets just over 4 stars so may be worth a try!

mrk that battery status app...i had a look but couldnt see it...you sure its my battery status...i did a search for battery status and ive seen a few but dont know which one your using...theres one by monmonja and another by Android apps.

Back
Top Bottom