***HTC Magic Thread***

If i buy a htc magic, and unlock to use on three, using there internet addon 1gb/monthly for £5 would it be the same as getting it on vodafone pushes emails updates etc? or is it classed as not always on.

Just reposting my question as i got no response. thanks =]

I don't know how 3 works but Vodafone doesn't push anything to the Magic, it's just a straight 3G/2G or Wifi connection to Google's services or your own mail provider via the Mail client.

All set to order a Magic on Vodafone and just remembered I left my wallet at work!

Nooooooo!!!!

Best deal I found for me was:

Free Phone
£30 per month
600 minutes
Unlimited texts
Unlimited Internet (500MB FUP. Bit naughty that!)
18 month contract

Will get £60 via quidco and £140 for selling my phone on one of those recycling sites.

Total cost over contract term is £340. :)

Know what I'll be doing during my luch hour tomorrow!:D

More people need to join the Magic Brigade! :D

Where is the USB port on the phone?

htcmagic_usbport.jpg

It's a mini USB port so any mini USB cable will work from any standard USB port be it your car head unit or TV/DVD player with USB support.

:)

So am I right in saying that this app answers this...

??

Oh and is it free? If not, how much? And btw how do you pay for pay for apps on the Android market? Debit cards and Paypal etc?

Yep its free...running it on my Magic...as for paying for apps....it uses google checkout, quite easy and painless to use...used my Visa debit card to pay for the ahome app.

It's pretty decent, 95% of people won't be using more than 10MB a day which is 300MB a month, much less than the 500MB fair usage guideline.

Back again to this thread.. Earlier in the thread I dismissed the HTC magic as a phone for me but i'm now not sure. The lack of headphone socket and flash is a downer but having seen videos on youtube the OS looks very well thought out and polished, and seems much more smoother than a winmo driven phone.

It's pretty decent, 95% of people won't be using more than 10MB a day which is 300MB a month, much less than the 500MB fair usage guideline.

Hmm I can see most users eating more than 10MB a day! Especially with the beebplayer app, more like 100mb a day.

500MB is fine for me.

I can surf the net at work in my lunch hour and connect to my wireless network when at home.

Only time I'd probably use the Vodafone Internet connection is when I'm out and about at weekends.

Back again to this thread.. Earlier in the thread I dismissed the HTC magic as a phone for me but i'm now not sure. The lack of headphone socket and flash is a downer but having seen videos on youtube the OS looks very well thought out and polished, and seems much more smoother than a winmo driven phone.

Hmm I can see most users eating more than 10MB a day! Especially with the beebplayer app, more like 100mb a day.

Not everyday they won't be

Not everyday they won't be

Agreed, but when this is positioned to compete with the iphone (Please don't kill me for saying that, it's in the vodafone advertising campaign) should they not match the truly unlimited use policy on the o2 service? Some days will be much heavier than others, but i too can see myself going over 10mb a day.................easily. (app downloads, youtube uploads, photo uploads, email attachments, video streaming, radio streaming, web browsing...............................it all adds up. I'm concerned now.

Last edited:
Aye but by the time you've used any considerable amount you'd need to change battery! as with all the current 3G/Wifi enabled devices they eat the battery ;p

The 500MB is not just something brought in for the magic though, I suppose the Magic is the first phone Voda have released that allows seamless net surfing and downloading so they'll likely see that it's a high usage system and up the FUP soon enough.

As for apps, I wish that dev making a Dyno for Android would hurry up !

Agreed, but when this is positioned to compete with the iphone (Please don't kill me for saying that, it's in the vodafone advertising campaign) should they not match the truly unlimited use policy on the o2 service? Some days will be much heavier than others, but i too can see myself going over 10mb a day.................easily. (app downloads, youtube uploads, photo uploads, email attachments, video streaming, radio streaming, web browsing...............................it all adds up. I'm concerned now.

I get the impression that you'll have to go over the 500mb by a substantial amount to get charged. They know that this phone is built for the internet.

Back
Top Bottom