***HTC Magic Thread***

Not mini mini "special" USB like the Nokia but standard mini USB ! (the 2nd smallest size).

The mini usb looks bespoke and it is, but a standard mini usb will fit in as the vertical left hand side can be bridged by the bevel on a standard mini usb. does that make any sense?

No doesn't make sense :p

The HTC cable won't work on anythnig else using the smaller USB connection but any other smaller connection USB "device cable" will work on the HTC just fine for both charging and data xfer.

I get the impression that you'll have to go over the 500mb by a substantial amount to get charged. They know that this phone is built for the internet.

Yes.

Basically you have to be a repeat offender before they get cheesed off and warn you, then charge you/cap connection. The retentions guy explained that with this type of handset they expect it to get used a lot as its part of the phones selling point.

Is there an app that enables t9 on a virtual on screen alphanumeric keypad (for texting)? That's one feature i liked on the nokia 5800 because the virtual buttons were huge and you could text much faster in a more traditional manner. If not, is there somewhere i can go to reccomend/request an app?

No doesn't make sense :p

The HTC cable won't work on anythnig else using the smaller USB connection but any other smaller connection USB "device cable" will work on the HTC just fine for both charging and data xfer.

Funnily enough the HTC cable and charger that came with my Magic works with my BB Bold...seems like its a pretty standard connection...great as i can use the cable with both phones. Ive got 4 now:p...

Oh and mrk mind shipping me your spare cradle? :P

Buhh?! I bought the cradle off ebay for £2 :p

Exactly...its not very good ya know....

:D nah its a great phone, having so much fun using it...my poor BB Bold has been relegated to being 2nd best now. Already have had 5 people today on the train to work ask me what phone it is...looks like the Magic revolution has begun:p.

Make sure not to let them touch the phone! research has shown that people who use public transport often transfer faeces on their hands!!!

Funnily enough the HTC cable and charger that came with my Magic works with my BB Bold...seems like its a pretty standard connection...great as i can use the cable with both phones. Ive got 4 now:p...

Perhaps the bold uses the same style as the htc - one side of the cable plug is flat whereas the other is angled, on a standard usb cable both sides are angled. Still, both fit fine.

Buhh?! I bought the cradle off ebay for £2 :p

Make sure not to let them touch the phone! research has shown that people who use public transport often transfer faeces on their hands!!!

Haha of course...i made sure they didnt touch it...had it in my hands the whole time...people were very impressed...one guy had his iphone and said that looks much more fun than his:p...even mentioned that it could very well be the iphone killer...think hes gonna go into a Voda shop to pick one up:p.

mrk said:
Perhaps the bold uses the same style as the htc - one side of the cable plug is flat whereas the other is angled, on a standard usb cable both sides are angled. Still, both fit fine.

Well from what i am seeing it looks they are both the same ie connector but its good as i can put away one of the chargers and just switch between the 2...the Magics battery is superb...i charged it last night till 10pm...took it off charge...played with it for a few hrs...some games then some browsing on here...even made a few posts:p..and its still this morning sitting at 50% charge:o:p....very very impressive altho the battery does get a bit warm i find. Browsing on this phone i have to say is on par with the iphone...perhaps the screen isnt as big but **** me its great to sit on my wifi connection at home in my bed and use the Magic to browse through the forums:D.

Yeah teh connectors are exactly the same, just the metal surround has one straight edge - I guess some smaller USB device cable devices have a stiff hole (hurrrr!).

Browsing on this phone i have to say is on par with the iphone...perhaps the screen isnt as big but **** me its great to sit on my wifi connection at home in my bed and use the Magic to browse through the forums.

Agreed! the battery goes down faster using 3G though and I assume this is because of Vodafone's poorer 3G reception in general and the phone tries to grab a stronger signal.

At work I get 1bar but can be 3 bars.

Last edited:
Damn you Three!

Ordered my Magic, called Three a few minutes ago to cancel my contract and they've just offered me:

Free Blackberry Bold
500 minutes
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Internet
£29 per month

I said I'd think about it and call them back :o

Last edited:
Call them back and as for 2 free Blackberry Bolds.
5000 minutes.

Unlimited Texts x 2
Unlimited Internet squared
£2.90 a month.

Then and only then have you a HTC Magic beating phone deal. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom