***HTC Magic Thread***

If anyone else needs convincing, here's the real reason for getting a HTC magic.

610x.jpg

Last edited:
Been doing a bit more reading. Have Vodafone removed a bundle of features?

Rotate Animation - shrink to small image then expand to fit orientation
Menu on lanscape mode
Support for Word, Excel, PDF
Support for Microsoft Exchange
HTC Sync
Voice activated dialling

Some pulled from the HTC site here: http://www.htc.com/www/product/magic/product-tour.html

Others from reading around.

Can anyone confirm?

mrk?:D

Been doing a bit more reading. Have Vodafone removed a bundle of features?

Rotate Animation - shrink to small image then expand to fit orientation
Menu on lanscape mode
Support for Word, Excel, PDF
Support for Microsoft Exchange
HTC Sync
Voice activated dialling

Some pulled from the HTC site here: http://www.htc.com/www/product/magic/product-tour.html

Others from reading around.

Can anyone confirm?

mrk?:D
A lot of stuff was missed by HTC on release due to timing and meeting release date - Vodafone mods confirmed this in another forum, since Vodafone are the only carrier with this phone = automatically Vodafone chopped bits off!

The features will most likely be added as a firmware update or software update once it's completely out in the open I guess.

Yeah teh connectors are exactly the same, just the metal surround has one straight edge - I guess some smaller USB device cable devices have a stiff hole (hurrrr!).

Agreed! the battery goes down faster using 3G though and I assume this is because of Vodafone's poorer 3G reception in general and the phone tries to grab a stronger signal.

At work I get 1bar but can be 3 bars.

Funny that, where i work in Canary Wharf here in London i get full 3G signal but for some odd reason or another it takes a few tries before i can download any apps...keeps giving me network error etc. Not really a big deal as i force it to 2G and then download whatever apps i want....not ideal as i thought vodas 3G network was the best there is...my Tmobile Bold doesnt give me network errors when on 3G...i just get a few failed calls:p.

Bit of a bummer that some of the features are missing but nothing too amazing as i dont think id be using half of them...for office based stuff id be using my Bold which has an office suite app on it.

Haha as for the Arnie pic...i downloaded an app which has Arnies famous sayings...quite cool and quite annoying when my mates say something and i answer back using Arnie:D

Damn you Three!

Ordered my Magic, called Three a few minutes ago to cancel my contract and they've just offered me:

Free Blackberry Bold
500 minutes
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Internet
£29 per month

I said I'd think about it and call them back :o

Dont know if you get on with 3 but id stay away from them especially when it comes to Blackberry...your much better off going with Vodafone, O2 or tmobile for Blackberry tariffs...id stay away from Orange too...they arent that great for BB tariffs and they have had a lot of issues with the Bold on their network...probably due to the way they put their network crap on it.

It's Orange not red, means the phone is charging, goes green solid when 100% or overcharging - flashes green when sitting idle and active!

can anyone tell me what the red led is all about? (next to speaker). All of the pics in this photo stream have it. is it network availability or summink? it's the only place iv seen it.

see http://www.flickr.com/photos/sofia-k/3531470930/
Le HTC Magic manual says "notification LED"

When its solid green the battery is fully chargged (when the phone is being charged using the AC adaptor or connected to the computer).

Solid red means battery is charging. Flashing red means low battery. Flashing green means pending notification.

The indicators are also listed in order of priority. So Solid green > Solid red > flashing red > flashing green. So if phone is connected to power adapter and charging the battery, the LED will be solid red and will NOT change to flashing green even if there is a pending notification.

All that pretty much paraphrased from the manual. :)

Back
Top Bottom