***HTC Magic Thread***

Tried wefi, wick lock and wick fixer. They are not solving the problem. They all seemed to be fascinated by my unprotected modem (has no routing to the internet.) I've disabled this and still the same problem.

What about Keep Wifi ?

Nope, roam back into range and it tries to connect and I get "connection unsuccessful, select to try again" displayed under settings. It appears to be trying all available APs (was around 6 earlier on, now only 2.) It seems very interested in a unsecured Belkin one that is out of range.

I will try my wifi and see if it is the same, however I do know I have good signal strength all over the house from my linksys.

If its really bothering you have you tried changing frequency or getting a better aerial? I changed my channel a couple years ago as the whole street must have upgraded to wifi routers and many boxes were just trying to silverback one another. Once I went to a unique channel I have never seen any signal hiccups on all devices that I own or friends that bring stuff over that stay.

I am on channel 11 and already have a 9dBi antenna. The problem is it tries to connect when it is out of range and then goes on to try all my neighbours ones. Once connected and within the house I get consistent full coverage and no problems.

Just need a app that will always connected to my AP if in range.

Cool!

Also, photos look greta on the display on this, they look as clear as my IPS 24" but of course much smaller. Jessica Alba never looked better....in my pocket HURHURHUR.

Are the maps stored locally on the Magic or are they streamed via the data connection as you drive?

Streamed if im not mistaken...its not a very nice UI though tbh..i had it running on my BB Bold but thought it looked ugly so took it off and now run garmin on my Bold. Even on the magic it looks ugly but is functional.

The one thing i love about Android is that when there are updates available...it informs you automatically unlike BB where you have to search for updates for apps that you may have on your device.

Looks like mrk and my mission to convert as many people over to the Magic is slowly working:p:D.

Really want to get the Magic but I don't like white:( .
also the fact that the the vodafone "with google" version has had some of the HTC native applications removed is not good either. Voice dialing for me is a must and for some reason this has been removed.

Really want to get the Magic but I don't like white:( .
also the fact that the the vodafone "with google" version has had some of the HTC native applications removed is not good either. Voice dialing for me is a must and for some reason this has been removed.

I think it looks superb in white...u really need to see one in the flesh...when i first saw pics of it i thought meh it isnt all that but once i popped into a voda shop and saw one in the flesh...my mind was made up...much much nicer looking than the godawful G1.

The native apps that were removed are not that big a deal for me but hopefully they might be released with a future update.

I never see the point in Voice dialling, on my BB you have to hold a button down, then say the name, then say the name again when it doesn't recognise it, then swear at it when it finds the wrong person :) it's a gimiick that I can never really get to work well enough to make it better than just looking them up normally.

Back
Top Bottom