***HTC Magic Thread***

I never see the point in Voice dialling, on my BB you have to hold a button down, then say the name, then say the name again when it doesn't recognise it, then swear at it when it finds the wrong person :) it's a gimiick that I can never really get to work well enough to make it better than just looking them up normally.

Same here, i have voice dialling on my Bold and personally ive taken it out of the OS as i find it useless to say the least...out of 10 times it might get 3 or 4 right but most of the time it gets it completely and utterly wrong.

Saying that Vlingo does voice dialling for most functions on the BB but even that can be a royal pain in the bum to get the name right.

I have consumed 124MB since installing the net counter over 3G and 60MB over Wifi - that's with a fair bit of app downloadage and website browsing oh and constant sync with Google mail!

Sorry to bug you robbie but you seem to be well versed on the phone usage..

..whats the interface like? Any chance of screenshots? Whats the sync software like?

I have consumed 124MB since installing the net counter over 3G and 60MB over Wifi - that's with a fair bit of app downloadage and website browsing oh and constant sync with Google mail!

I'm on around 80 at the mo.

Am I dreaming it or did you do an app recomendation post? Can't seem to find it.

:eek: It pays to negotiate apparently.

I've just been contacted by Vodafone, because I tried placing an order on their borked website before going through phones4u. Queue much "oh please come to us sir, we offer better service then P4U, etc etc etc, yadda yadda yadda".

Anyway long story (and a very long phone conversation with two different managers) short and I have a HTC Magic being couriered to work for 11am tomorrow (P4U would only deliver to my house..), with 900 minutes/month, unlimited text messages, and unlimited web browsing (subject to FUP ofc) for..

*drumroll*

..£22.99/month on an 18 month contract.

Not bad for a brand new Vodafone customer :).

Last edited:
What did whom say? Vodafone?

They went through some no-doubt scripted spiel about how they provided the best customer service, and were better then the competition, even at £5/month more. Then I told the operative that if they wanted me to cancel my p4u order they had to provide some incentive. So he went to speak to his manager. Came back and said he was sorry, but couldn't offer anything better.

I thanked him for his call and said I was going to hang up; he went back to "another manager". Then he put me through to this manager and we chatted for a bit about how amazing Vodafone is and how much better then p4u they are and how, if I buy from them, my sex life would improve immeasurably and my crappy fiat would suddenly turn into an Aston Marton, and I still said it wasn't enough to get me to move. So he offered £25/month (the p4u deal is £30/month), and I said I'd consider it.

Before I could picture turning up to work in a run down Aston Martin with a leaky radiator, he jumped in with £22.99/month, the above terms and free courier guaranteed by 11am, and I begrudgingly acquiesced.

Last edited:
Is there a must have Android list of apps? Or any person recommendations? Any good (free) games?

Bonsai blaster is definitely one id recommend to download and install...has kept me amused and fustrated on my way to work and back lol. Theres plenty of free games out there...throttlecopter is one, alien abduction and labyrinth which is similar to the HTC labryinth game are a few that i have on my Magic.

God Damn Brand New Customer Only !!! :p

I bet my £24 a month for 125-stop clocked gets close to those voice mins though, not the texts of course!

What did whom say? Vodafone?

They went through some no-doubt scripted spiel about how they provided the best customer service, and were better then the competition, even at £5/month more. Then I told the operative that if they wanted me to cancel my p4u order they had to provide some incentive. So he went to speak to his manager. Came back and said he was sorry, but couldn't offer anything better.

I thanked him for his call and said I was going to hang up; he went back to "another manager". Then he put me through to this manager and we chatted for a bit about how amazing Vodafone is and how much better then p4u they are and how, if I buy from them, my sex life would improve immeasurably and my crappy fiat would suddenly turn into an Aston Marton, and I still said it wasn't enough to get me to move. So he offered £25/month (the p4u deal is £30/month), and I said I'd consider it.

Before I could picture turning up to work in a run down Aston Martin with a leaky radiator, he jumped in with £22.99/month, the above terms and free courier guaranteed by 11am, and I begrudgingly acquiesced.
What a pathetically awful deal. I feel sorry for you. :D

Back
Top Bottom