***HTC Magic Thread***

Streamed if im not mistaken...its not a very nice UI though tbh..i had it running on my BB Bold but thought it looked ugly so took it off and now run garmin on my Bold. Even on the magic it looks ugly but is functional.

It is functional. I tried it on the way home where it took me on a route I wouldn't have chosen personally, but got me home.

:eek: It pays to negotiate apparently.

I've just been contacted by Vodafone, because I tried placing an order on their borked website before going through phones4u. Queue much "oh please come to us sir, we offer better service then P4U, etc etc etc, yadda yadda yadda".

Anyway long story (and a very long phone conversation with two different managers) short and I have a HTC Magic being couriered to work for 11am tomorrow (P4U would only deliver to my house..), with 900 minutes/month, unlimited text messages, and unlimited web browsing (subject to FUP ofc) for..

*drumroll*

..£22.99/month on an 18 month contract.

Not bad for a brand new Vodafone customer :).

Good deal. I can't be bothered yacking to sales people, hence I don't get the great deals. Online all the way. I'm quite happy with £30 a month, All I really wanted was for the phone to be free and have unlimited* web browsing. I'm sure in 12 months ill be itching to ditch the contract!

I've just realised I can now see paid apps. They definitely weren't there before. When did this happen?!! Tempted to start buying games... :)

I saw paid apps from day one :p

The good thing is when you uninstall (should you) from the marketplace area then it gives you the option to refund and uninstall too which is great.

Does the Magic have a built-in convertor app, so I can convert kilos to stones or metres to yards and so on? If not is there a free or pay for app that can do this? Sometimes I find I need to do conversions like this and I'm either not at a PC or if I am I don't really know any sites to do this for me.
I saw paid apps from day one :p

The good thing is when you uninstall (should you) from the marketplace area then it gives you the option to refund and uninstall too which is great.
Whoa! :eek: So say I find an app that I like the look of but its too buggy or doesn't actually do what I need to do, not only can I uninstall it but get a refund of the cost of the app? :)

Whoa! :eek: So say I find an app that I like the look of but its too buggy or doesn't actually do what I need to do, not only can I uninstall it but get a refund of the cost of the app? :)

Yes you can but with some apps your only limited to one refund...i foudn this out when i first downloaded ahome...at first didnt work for some odd reason...so uninstalled it and had it refunded. Only to try it once more so again purchased it and installed it...this time it worked perfectly well but told me that i can no longer ask for a refund if i didnt like the app...no big deal as i quite like the app anyways.

Ermmm i never said it wasnt functional...i just said it had a godawful UI that i didnt like very much.

I was agreeing when you said it was functional.

The UI I personally can live with. Nothing else that works on the 'Market'.

:)

Does the Magic have a built-in convertor app, so I can convert kilos to stones or metres to yards and so on? If not is there a free or pay for app that can do this? Sometimes I find I need to do conversions like this and I'm either not at a PC or if I am I don't really know any sites to do this for me.Whoa! :eek: So say I find an app that I like the look of but its too buggy or doesn't actually do what I need to do, not only can I uninstall it but get a refund of the cost of the app? :)

Not one built in but there is a free application that has done everything I have needed.

I got mine yesterday, really nice - just taking me a while to get used to it.

Would have been better but I managed to lock my phone, so called Voda for a PUK code, got a PUK code and couldn't work out how to type the PUK code in with no keyboard :)

Cue a call to customer services, they didn't know so they transferred me to tech support, they didn't know so they wanted to call me back. My wife then suggested putting the sim in another phone which I did and unlocked it - 30 mins later the tech support girl called back still with no idea wanting to put me through to 2nd line tech support (to unlock a phone!!), even when I told her i'd fixed it she still wanted to put me through so they could work out why, but I nicely told her that I wasn't beta testing stuff for them and they could work it out themselves (I had been on the phone for 30mins already!)

So if anyone knows how to enter a PUK code in the magic let me know, it may come in usefull if i'm stupid enough to lock my phone again :)

Woo, just checked my tracking number, it should be here in under 2 hours :).

I ordered mine the same day platypus but stupidly I unticked the "contact via email" box thinking it was related to future spam :(

I've not had any contact - hopefully I'm at the same stage as you. Very annoying :(

All I have is an order number, and I cant even check the status of the order online anywhere. If anyone has any ideas that would be great, I called them up a minute ago but they wanted to re-order it over the phone which would have killed my quidco - I was told to wait a week and call back if I haven't heard anything :(

I ordered mine the same day platypus but stupidly I unticked the "contact via email" box thinking it was related to future spam :(

I've not had any contact - hopefully I'm at the same stage as you. Very annoying :(

All I have is an order number, and I cant even check the status of the order online anywhere. If anyone has any ideas that would be great, I called them up a minute ago but they wanted to re-order it over the phone which would have killed my quidco - I was told to wait a week and call back if I haven't heard anything :(
Did you order from vodafone? They texted a tracking number to my work phone.

Back
Top Bottom