***HTC Magic Thread***

Probably not...u can try again but unless your an existing customer they wont really budge on anything for a new customer. Guess you could say to them that they have lost a potential customer but i doubt they would care tbh.

Meh.

I would be happy paying £35 p/m for: 600 Mins, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Internet and Unlimited Calls to Landlines but they have replaced the landlines offer with that totally useless (to me) roaming charge offer.

I'll give them a call in a bit and see if they will budge, if not I'll see if they can do the unlimited landline offer again.

Bad timing eh :p

The wallpapers can be any resolution but natively a 640x480 image will fit 1:1 - anything will be scaled up or down depending on how you scale it when choosing the view selection.

Backgrounds can be changed without using apps like ahome as can icons/placements etc, just click-hold for 2secs tbh.

The battery does get warm, tis normal!

AppManager will allow you to export apps to SD card and import them again afterwards.

Cheers mrk...where do i get this app manager from??...marketplace or do i need to download to my laptop??

goodnewsfarnsworththumb.jpg

Good news everyone!

I have spoke to Vodafone again and got exactly what I wanted plus a little more:

Free HTC Magic
700 Minutes
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Landline Calls
Unlimited Internet

£30 p/m on a 18 month contract.

It just goes to show that if you speak to the right person you can get pretty decent deals :)

Phone will be with me on Tuesday and my old number ported over on Wednesday.

Ahh lucky you. I'd love to have the same deal that Platypus has got. Might try ringing them in a bit, see what i can get :p

How much will surfing the internet cost you Platypus? :)

Stop teasing me :p If i can get this on an 18month contract, i think i might get one :)

How much is web browsing?

Why dont you ring them up and ask them??..seriously people are getting different deals for the phone. I got a 24mth contract £35 a month with 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited web browsing.

Now heres a little secret;)...web browsing is free ;)...if they started charging for web browsing then they wouldnt be in business for much longer as most if not all uk networks now offer free unlimited web browsing...plus the fact is that the Magic is made for the internet.

So instead of sitting here waiting for replies...pick up the phone...yes the phone and ring them up...and ask them what sort of deal would they do for you on the Magic. Im pretty sure that they will do you a 18mth contract without much fuss.

Silly question I know, but important to me! Can one change the clock?

Change it from the analog to digital one??..i dont know if you can do it without a 3rd party app....having a look on the marketplace i cant seem to find anything.

Im using a widget that changed my analog clock to a digital type one but as i said previously im running ahome with a iphone theme and on my 1st screen it has the weather app at the top, then my clock then underneath is my gmail app, market place and sms app icons.

Nah I want an analogue clock, just a..simpler one. Did you use marketplace to get the theme Spawn?

Yep i did but if im not mistaken...in order to use themes you need a theme app as well. Im using ahome myself and at the moment i have the blue iphone theme with the iphone type icons on the dockbar...just downloaded a windows vista one and its pretty cool...again uses window vista type icons for the dockbar...stuff like dialer, maps, contacts, browser and settings etc.

Theres a few other ones similar to ahome...have a look on marketplace for themes.

Back
Top Bottom