***HTC Magic Thread***

Did they strip any out?

They always do strip out certain functions when putting their own branding on the phones....vodafone is by no means the only one who does it...orange, tmobile and O2 all do it.

As far as i know i think voice activated dialling was left out and there were a few others that were left out but cant remember which others were left out.

Ok, issue time!

Can't connect to my home wireless network.

WPA2 - Unable to connect
WPA - Unable to connect
WEP - Won't even consider connecting to this
Nothing - connect!

This could be a deal breaker for me. Phone might be going back.

Other features missing:

Rotate Animation - shrink to small image then expand to fit orientation
Menu on lanscape mode
Support for Word, Excel, PDF
Support for Microsoft Exchange
HTC Sync
Voice activated dialling

Don't care about these because now it can be rooted, the default ROM will probably be appearing soon.

What I do care about is the inability to connect to my home wifi connection.:(

Ok, issue time!

Can't connect to my home wireless network.

WPA2 - Unable to connect
WPA - Unable to connect
WEP - Won't even consider connecting to this
Nothing - connect!

This could be a deal breaker for me. Phone might be going back.

My Magic connects to my WPA-PSK wireless router pretty effortlessly...soon as i walk into the house it connects...altho now and again it does seem to lose the connection but it comes back pretty quick though.

Have you tried rebooting your router??..im using the netgear DGN2000 router and so far no real issues for me. I also have the router handing out DHCP addresses.

Recieved my phone has 1 dead pixel not to bothered, but i have the google sim problem saying its not activated so i rang vodafone they have no clue who i am and im not on there records, currently on hold waiting for phones4u who i ordered with do i need to send back the agreement they sent me in the post? who is billing me here p4u or vodafone? have i just scored a free phone very confused

My Magic connects to my WPA-PSK wireless router pretty effortlessly...soon as i walk into the house it connects...altho now and again it does seem to lose the connection but it comes back pretty quick though.

Have you tried rebooting your router??..im using the netgear DGN2000 router and so far no real issues for me. I also have the router handing out DHCP addresses.

I've been reading around and a lot of people are having similar problems.

It's not my router as every other wireless device connects without any issues.

I'm using a Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato firmware

in google maps street view can any one view the street by just moving the phone ?

Yes, or you can manually flick around the street view. It uses GPS and the motion sensors to detect which way you are moving/aiming :p

mrk what are the wallpaper dimensions, I cant find that post you made with the background pic?

640x480 for native fitting across the 3 desktops or anything above that so 1024x768, 800x600, 1280x1024 etc.

Back
Top Bottom