***HTC Magic Thread***

Ok will have a look at ahome.

The texting is a bit annoying, if I go to text a contact directly it wont send saying invalid recipient, delete a number or two then readd the contact and it works?

Dont suppose the Magic has "native exchange support"?
This is the one stumbling block for both android phones for me, no support for exchange without buying a 3rd party app.

I sort them in Gmail, the phone will sync with Gmail within a few mins or instantly if you force sync.

The Magic can support Exchange according to HTC but it never made it into the release so perhaps a future update will add this.

Sony Ericsson hinted at a new Android 2.0 phone for their next phone release so this could mean Android 2.0 has more new features and is coming soon or that the next SE phone is ages away too.

Like I hinted earlier on, in Gmail Android doesn’t seem to pick up the stock Friends/Family/Colleagues groups, only the “all contacts” group – perhaps this is the problem?

I have mine grouped like this in custom folders which show up on the phone:
htcmagic_gmailcontacts.JPG

To force sync go to Data Sync settings and then de-select Autosync and reselect it, it will resync everything.

So anyone using a screen protector yet? Do you recommend the one you are using or are they much of muchness and might as well get the cheapest one on eBay?

Back
Top Bottom