***HTC Magic Thread***

it wasen't an app update i know that for a fact as i wasen't in market place phone was on and charging

Hmmm ok i havent received any updates so far so dont know what thats all about.

Walkeruk if you got the phone for phones4u then they are the ones who will be billing you and not vodafone as they rent the airtime from vodafone...well thats what i was told a few yrs back when i got a contract from them...ended up taking the phone back for a refund/cancellation as i didnt like their service.

A whole weekend in the dales with my new magic was great. 3g coverage was surprisingly good, battery lasted over a day with LOTS of use! Gps, wifi, 3g, camera etc... camera is quite good, audio is poor in movie mode but video quality is quite good. The apps vary in quality but the ratings are a reasonable indicator. Text input is good, so much so I just typed this post on it.

My router is awful and wont keep a connect tried lots like changing channels, static ip wep/wpa etc so going to have to wait for new, is it possible to connect to your pc and use the internet direct from that insead of my useage? also whats cupcake/rooting everywhere i look seems to overcomplicate the answer thanks in advance.

For the toggles (wifi,bluetooth and GPS) Do you need to have something else installed for them as I have them installed, but no icons would appear in my menu or is there a different app I need to get in conjunction with these?

Cheers

Looks like my Magic is going back after all.

Want to port my number over from three but Vodafone can't do it.

As the contract was purchased via dialaphone, it has to go via them. But they don't offer that service for new Vodafone contracts. They do number porting for every network except Vodafone.

Quick question guys.

Need to text a load of people in my address book my new number.

Is there a quick way I can populat the 'to' field with people?

I know with Symbian you can scroll through your contacts and mark the people you want to send a message to.

Can a similar thing be achieved with Android?

I ended ordering mine direct from Voda due to the lack of porting from other retailers. Seemed a bit stupid though. I haven't ported a number in several years but I thought last time there was a window of a week or so for porting. :confused:

Did you have the same fun time I had trying to get your PAC from 3?

Quick question guys.

Need to text a load of people in my address book my new number.

Is there a quick way I can populat the 'to' field with people?

I know with Symbian you can scroll through your contacts and mark the people you want to send a message to.

Can a similar thing be achieved with Android?

There's an app called Group SMS that should do what you want.

EDIT - oops, that's one you need to pay for. I'm sure there was a free one.

Last edited:
I ended ordering mine direct from Voda due to the lack of porting from other retailers. Seemed a bit stupid though. I haven't ported a number in several years but I thought last time there was a window of a week or so for porting. :confused:

Did you have the same fun time I had trying to get your PAC from 3?

35 minutes! :o

Seems a bit stupid with Vodafone that you can only transfer a number at the point of sale.

I purchased the Magic thinking otherwise. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom