***HTC Magic Thread***

Was just reading about a workaround. If you create a contact and call it say 'family' then in the space for the mobile number add the numbers of all the people you want in the group with commas in between. Then you can select 'family' as the recipient for the text and the message will go to all the numbers.

As you said though - should be a native function.

It is one of my suspects, why I said large crowds. But to lose all association with Vodafone (says no service on the front)? Phone needed a restart and then it would connect.

It is one of my suspects, why I said large crowds. But to lose all association with Vodafone (says no service on the front)? Phone needed a restart and then it would connect.

I've experienced this with every network and a range of handsets whenever I'm at big sporting events. Networks just can't cope with the amount of traffic i guess.

Stupid question but does anyone know when Flash will be available on Android?

Also does anyone know if you can get higher capacity batteries? I can't see mine lasting more than a few days with the hammer im giving it!

Last edited:
Looks like my Magic is going back after all.

Want to port my number over from three but Vodafone can't do it.

As the contract was purchased via dialaphone, it has to go via them. But they don't offer that service for new Vodafone contracts. They do number porting for every network except Vodafone.

How come you couldn't get your number ported ? As I'm with three atm and plan to get this phone and port my number...

could you not speak to dialaphone and get them to port your number ?

My router is awful and wont keep a connect tried lots like changing channels, static ip wep/wpa etc so going to have to wait for new, is it possible to connect to your pc and use the internet direct from that insead of my useage? also whats cupcake/rooting everywhere i look seems to overcomplicate the answer thanks in advance.

How come you couldn't get your number ported ? As I'm with three atm and plan to get this phone and port my number...

could you not speak to dialaphone and get them to port your number ?

From the dialaphone website:

We currently only support number porting when transferring to T-mobile, Orange, Three, O2 and BT Mobile, but not Vodafone.

Dialaphone are part of the Phones4U group and they say:

We currently only support number porting when transferring to T-mobile, Orange, Three, Virgin and BT Mobile, but not Vodafone or O2.

Having a look on the Ofcom website it states:

Mobile phone customers have the right to take their mobile phone number with them when they switch from one mobile company to another. All mobile phone companies are required to transfer a customer’s number within 2 business days of being asked to make the switch.

think I might be giving Vodafone a call in a few minutes again.

My router is awful and wont keep a connect tried lots like changing channels, static ip wep/wpa etc so going to have to wait for new, is it possible to connect to your pc and use the internet direct from that insead of my useage? also whats cupcake/rooting everywhere i look seems to overcomplicate the answer thanks in advance.

Hi, my understanding is that cupcake is a new build of the 1.5 which has been adapted by some users to improve performance mostly for the G1. I may be wrong though.

Rooting :-

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Hopefully this is allowed, please remove if not mods.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom