***HTC Magic Thread***

Root is the linux equivalent of a Windows administrator account - it gives full access to everything, including a command line shell (like command prompt). You can make advanced changes to the OS and allows you to be able to install any application (whether this is possible or not, depends on how good you are with linux). Some applications require root access and thus this is why it is a good thing.

It's a bad thing because you can break the software on your phone with full access.

That's it in a nutshell.
think i shall just leave it

quick question, is the handset locked by default ?

Or can I put my three sim card in there and use it ?

I just put my tmobile sim in my Magic and it works...but i dont get a 3G signal though...says i need to log into my gmail account...tried putting in my password a few times but says theres a network error...but i can make and receive calls but i dont get a 3G signal though.

I just put my tmobile sim in my Magic and it works...but i dont get a 3G signal though...says i need to log into my gmail account...tried putting in my password a few times but says theres a network error...but i can make and receive calls but i dont get a 3G signal though.

thanks, and ahh that's a pain.

Yeah haven't bought the phone yet :p just really really like it, but seems pretty expensive at about £300 !

The scores should be off the charts IMO !

:p

I've not rooted mine yet but as soon as some clever XDA forum people mod the stock Android OS with extra stuff and bug fixes I'll do it and update :D

I've not rooted mine yet but as soon as some clever XDA forum people mod the stock Android OS with extra stuff and bug fixes I'll do it and update :D

I am holding off for you to post back successfully. :p

Bonsai Blast was addictive. Tried to put it down last night but was struggling. Keep the recommendations going. :p

Thats what im waiting for as well...a better Android OS then ill root it.

Bonsai blaster is just too damn addictive..numerous times ive almost missed my stop because if that game lol....im on the evening 5 level now and its getting a tad more fustrating to finish the levels off:p.

Robo blast is another one im addicted to...usually play that when im fed up of trying to beat bonsai blaster and need a break...abduction is another addictive game...jumping platforms with a cow has never been so much fun:p.

Robo blast is another one im addicted to...usually play that when im fed up of trying to beat bonsai blaster and need a break...abduction is another addictive game...jumping platforms with a cow has never been so much fun:p.

So nice recommendations there. Really getting into Android games. Some are just great... and even better the demos are long enough to play for a while... and free!

Back
Top Bottom