***HTC Magic Thread***

Thanks Tonyyeb, I Like the magic, but it does look a bit..........plasticy? It doesn't have that pro look the diamond has. I would wait for the sammy android phone............but that D-pad.........PUKE!!!!

I think I will go with the magic..........I'll get one eventually.

I would steer clear of anything running Winmo. Had the HTC Touch Pro or whatever it is for the past 9months and while the phone itself is pretty cool the OS is absolute awful, hate the thing and can't wait to get rid of it now :(

You don't have to worry about it looking plasticy at all, you need to see it in person and hold one to appreciate how solid it is.

Exactly...i had my doubts a few weeks ago but then i popped into a Voda shop in Paddington station...asked if they had a live unit...guy pulled one out, played for about 10 mins on it...walked out then walked back in 5 mins later and said ill have one. The build quality is not bad...its not the best but unlike the godawful G1 its a much nicer looking device.

Winmo is just pure awful...sure the phones look good but all that style with no substance??..nah ill pass...i had the original touch diamond last yr and was nothing short of relieved when i lost the damn thing:p.

If you could choose between the magic and a touch diamond 2.............................?

no comparison - touch diamond 1 = worst phone I've ever had (relative to expectation, so not staying it's worse than my first ever nokia brick in the 1990s!)

magic = best phone

You don't have to worry about it looking plasticy at all, you need to see it in person and hold one to appreciate how solid it is.

Nope. It may look plasticy from pics, but it is built solid, no creakyness. Feels like plastic ontop of metal, but not heavy.

Exactly...i had my doubts a few weeks ago but then i popped into a Voda shop in Paddington station...asked if they had a live unit...guy pulled one out, played for about 10 mins on it...walked out then walked back in 5 mins later and said ill have one. The build quality is not bad...its not the best but unlike the godawful G1 its a much nicer looking device.

Winmo is just pure awful...sure the phones look good but all that style with no substance??..nah ill pass...i had the original touch diamond last yr and was nothing short of relieved when i lost the damn thing:p.

+1, but bought mine online for the 14 days money back. Can confidently say I will not be making use of that.

If you could choose between the magic and a touch diamond 2.............................?

No comparison. I use Windows Mobile phones at work and they are truely unusable and make me feel stressed from its incompetence. Even as a normal phone.

Thanks Tonyyeb, I Like the magic, but it does look a bit..........plasticy? It doesn't have that pro look the diamond has. I would wait for the sammy android phone............but that D-pad.........PUKE!!!!

I think I will go with the magic..........I'll get one eventually.

As has already been said many times, it feels great in the hand. The build quality is very good, it is the best phone i've ever had in terms of quality by a long way. It is the best phone ive ever had.... period!

As has already been said many times, it feels great in the hand. The build quality is very good, it is the best phone i've ever had in terms of quality by a long way. It is the best phone ive ever had.... period!

I'll second this, the Magic is indeed the best phone I have ever had. The build quality is really good, I have fitted a screen protector and silicone case to it as I like to keep my stuff in as-new condition but I can't see it breaking with these removed!

I'll second this, the Magic is indeed the best phone I have ever had. The build quality is really good, I have fitted a screen protector and silicone case to it as I like to keep my stuff in as-new condition but I can't see it breaking with these removed!

Thanks folks, this is good to hear. Kona.........Which silicon case did you buy? there are so many on rainforest/auctionplace but i don't trust em. I want a snug fit and I want it to stay looking good? have you got the perfect silicon case for the job?

Unfortunately the world of silicon cases seems to have been taken over by modern day spivs.

Last edited:
I really fancy getting one of these phones

I'm currently with Vodafone and I've been due an upgrade for a while, do you think they would offer me a better deal than the one they advertise? or would I be better going to somewhere like phones 4u ?

Thanks folks, this is good to hear. Kona.........Which silicon case did you buy? there are so many on amazon/ebay but i don't trust em. I want a snug fit and I want it to stay looking good? have you got the perfect silicon case for the job?

Unfortunately the world of silicon cases seems to have been taken over by modern day spivs.

The world of silicone cases is in dire needs of a good manufacturer, I agree. I bought the U-Bop Silicone Case from the rainforest - the fit is very snug, even around the screen, the only thing I have to complain about is that the depressions in the silicone over the buttons isn't "spot on" - they do work just fine though and it's a very minor complaint at that, it's not as un-fitted as some I have seen!

The U-Bop screen protectors are fantastic though, they are really clear - like glass and are easy to put on. They don't hinder the touchscreen either - very impressed with them!

It seems that U-Bop only sell twin packs of their kit - it's still pretty cheap though and it's handy to have a spare!

The world of silicone cases is in dire needs of a good manufacturer, I agree. I bought the U-Bop Silicone Case from the rainforest - the fit is very snug, even around the screen, the only thing I have to complain about is that the depressions in the silicone over the buttons isn't "spot on" - they do work just fine though and it's a very minor complaint at that, it's not as un-fitted as some I have seen!

The U-Bop screen protectors are fantastic though, they are really clear - like glass and are easy to put on. They don't hinder the touchscreen either - very impressed with them!

It seems that U-Bop only sell twin packs of their kit - it's still pretty cheap though and it's handy to have a spare!

any chance of a picture with the case and protector? :)

any chance of a picture with the case and protector? :)

How about 4?

HTCMagic-2.jpg

HTCMagic-3.jpg

Two to show just how reflective the screen protector is...

HTCMagic-4.jpg

HTCMagic-1.jpg

Sorry for the noise in the photos, had to use a high ISO as it's not too bright in here :p

Last edited:
All the cases for the new layout seem not to cover the bottons and just go around the phone. I like your case but the button thing would annoy me.

Does a silicone case make it feel bulky?

Last edited:
Where did you get that case??!

The rainforest. Search for HTC Magic U-Bop Silicone - both the case and screen protector are on there :)

All the cases for the new layout seem not to cover the bottons and just go around the phone. I like your case but the button thing would annoy me

It hasn't bothered me so far, it protects the phone which is all I really wanted it to do!

Back
Top Bottom