***HTC Magic Thread***

yeah g2 is a nice phone, build quality may be good. However if there is a lighter phone around the corner with better memory, battery life and camera out the box i think ill wait and see the reviews before adopting a g2 :)

For me, it was simply due to the fact that I didn't want to wait for the samsung even though I think it is a better phone. The main draw for me was the operating system itself so a better camera (and maybe very slightly smaller size) wasn't worth waiting for in my case. It is clear that the samsung is technically a better phone though.

I would be all over th i7500 if it didnt have that hideous d-pad styling. same design they were using 6 years ago on the D600 and the like. Yuk!!!!!

Not sure if anyone has noticed but new customers can get £105 off, using quidco and Dial a phone @ work scheme, here http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/youatwork/, so goto quidco follow the link, then paste http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/youatwork/ into the adress bar (when you have reached the link quidco provides). This gives you £60 via quidco after quidco typical payment time scale and £45 via Dial a phone after 28-40 days.

This works out £24.17 a month over the 18 month period.

EDIT: Dial a phone not Phones4u sorry.

Just ordered 2 using this. hope it works, will keep you posted. :D

Quido has tracked for both so far so good

Last edited:
Omg!

http://www.invisibleskinz.com/htc-magic-cover-skins-p/htcmagic_preorder.htm

*buys*

Edit*

£18 later....

Your order will ship in 1-2 business days. In the event that your product is out of stock, we will automatically refund you 10% of your purchase price - and you will receive your product in about 10 business days. My name is Jake, and I'm personally fulfilling your order. If you have any questions feel free to contact me - and thanks again for your order!

:D

Last edited:
That invisible shield looks really interesting. I have a silicone thingmy on mine which is fine but makes it a bit tricky to get in and out of my pocket. I also got a screen protector which I can't seem to apply without getting bubbles between it and the screen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Anyway - let us know how it works when it arrives.

Ok, after a week and a bit of use I have to say i'm very impressed. I love the speed of the OS, quality of the product and just how easy tasks are. Going from a Windows Mobile 6.1 device to this has been a dream! But a few points that I have picked up that maybe there is a fix or a better way of doing things:

* No characher count on text messages - I know I have a bucket load to use but it would be nice to see how many texts i'm going to use per message

* Alerts are quite quiet. I have it on max volume but I don't hear calendar alarms etc..

* No choice to snooze an alarm for a specified amount of time. My Touch used to give me snooze for 5mins, 10, 15, an hour etc... Which I used a lot. Anyone?

Also people with the screen protectors: Does it affect the quality of the screen much and is the touch still as accurate and responsive?

Thanks in advance

I don't know any spcifically, but i reckon there are several alternative messaging/alarm apps that will solve those problems. check out the android community etc.

Ok, after a week and a bit of use I have to say i'm very impressed. I love the speed of the OS, quality of the product and just how easy tasks are. Going from a Windows Mobile 6.1 device to this has been a dream! But a few points that I have picked up that maybe there is a fix or a better way of doing things:

* No characher count on text messages - I know I have a bucket load to use but it would be nice to see how many texts i'm going to use per message

* Alerts are quite quiet. I have it on max volume but I don't hear calendar alarms etc..

* No choice to snooze an alarm for a specified amount of time. My Touch used to give me snooze for 5mins, 10, 15, an hour etc... Which I used a lot. Anyone?

Also people with the screen protectors: Does it affect the quality of the screen much and is the touch still as accurate and responsive?

Thanks in advance

With regards to the sms character count...im using chompsms which lets me know how many characters i have left before it goes into another message...usually its 160 max. It also keeps a count of how many texts i have sent...so far 500 texts out of my unlimited text allowance:p.

I agree with alarms and notifications are quite low...but thats HTC all over as my Touch Diamond was pretty rubbish..at max volume it just distorted a lot :/...they really dont put a lot of thought into their speakers etc...my BB Bold is much louder and stronger when i get an alert...thats the only gripe i have about the Magic...the speakerphone and alert volume is quite frankly pathetic.

Other than that still loving the phone...keeps me amused to say the least.

This is a good site comparing samsung-i7500-vs-htc-magic

http://phandroid.com/2009/05/18/samsung-i7500-vs-htc-magic

samsungi7500vshtcmagic7.jpg

Its annoying as the Magic looks nicer there but the Samsung has better features. Oh woe is me what to do what to do????

I pretty sure it does this by default when you go over 1 text. Remember seeing something like 2/180 pop up? Will pay more attention next time I see it.

Back
Top Bottom