***HTC Magic Thread***

I have the Metal Gear Solid alert as my alarm and by god does it ping you out of bed in the morning when it goes "FWEEEE!!!!!" :p

I hate that with my current alarm. It wakes me up so harshly. Think I will find some nice relaxing music to bring me up slowly. :p

I have just popped into town to see it. Its a lot smaller and prettier than I assumed from photos. Nothing stood out at being really wrong with it.

Hmm just got aHome, a few things (directed mostly at spawn as I know he has it):

- Is there anyway to get the 3 (or more) desktops to stay open even if all the icons are cleared?
- Is there anyway to remove the "fixed" icons ahome adds?

Ordered mine earlier today off of phones4u :)

Can anyone tell me the "must have" applications that I should definitely get straight away.

Thank you.

:eek: It pays to negotiate apparently.

I've just been contacted by Vodafone, because I tried placing an order on their borked website before going through phones4u. Queue much "oh please come to us sir, we offer better service then P4U, etc etc etc, yadda yadda yadda".

Anyway long story (and a very long phone conversation with two different managers) short and I have a HTC Magic being couriered to work for 11am tomorrow (P4U would only deliver to my house..), with 900 minutes/month, unlimited text messages, and unlimited web browsing (subject to FUP ofc) for..

*drumroll*

..£22.99/month on an 18 month contract.

Not bad for a brand new Vodafone customer :).

Jammy. I just rang and tried to haggle but no joy. Im going to try again later though and say that P4U offer is cheaper.

edit - rang back again and i think i went through to the same person :( He said they cannot change the price at all on the HTC Magic. Dont really want to use Quidco and Phones 4 U :(

Last edited:
Finally ordered my magic today. Got a pretty good deal as a new customer because I went through 3 5800's which are crud.

18 month, 600 mins, unltd texts, unltd internet..............£25 for 6 months and £30 for the remaining 12.

Will arrive on monday, can't wait!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of doing this, whats wrong with Quidco?

I have used the Dial-a-Phone deal in post No 795. £60 from Quidco tracked already. Received phone today, paperwork also confirmed that the £45 will be paid within 28- 40 days. £105 back in total and only an 18 month contract.:D best deal by far and a bloody great phone.

Does anyone know of an equivalent app to simplify (for the iphone) which would work on the magic? Cheers

Note: Simplify is simple able to stream music from your/anyone your connected with itunes library and stream it over wan.

Back
Top Bottom