***HTC Magic Thread***

I bet it was that Peter Jackson from the LOTR trilogy. :mad:

:p

Btw are the white cradles 'out there'? Had a quick look on the HTC site again and I can't find a white cradle there.

Just ordered from DialaPhone.

I'm off on Tuesday so I will be in eagerly awaiting its arrival. :) :)

I'll be bored tonight so I'll be making a list of apps and downloads etc that I will be needing.

Last edited:
With a stroke of luck a moment ago whilst talking to a potential employer on a 2nd interview over the phone I glanced at the screen and noticed some dust specs inside the screen itself, bit strange I thought so after the call had a closer look and indeed some specs were under the top layer itself which was strange.

I've no idea how they got in but phoned Vodafone anyway and they said they'd be able to swap out the handset by tomorrow under the warranty.

Nice :D

Now how do I go about resetting the phone!

With a stroke of luck a moment ago whilst talking to a potential employer on a 2nd interview over the phone I glanced at the screen and noticed some dust specs inside the screen itself, bit strange I thought so after the call had a closer look and indeed some specs were under the top layer itself which was strange.

I've no idea how they got in but phoned Vodafone anyway and they said they'd be able to swap out the handset by tomorrow under the warranty.

Nice :D

Now how do I go about resetting the phone!

Would imagine it would be in the settings of the phone under security or something...its definitely in there as ive had wiped my phone a few times.

Found it!

Nice easy swap tbh, export apps to sd card, reset phone, take out memcard, put in new phone, import apps, import google account. Awesome!

How is everybody finding the battery life?

I used mine yesterday when I climbed Skiddaw and had the GPS enabled all day, I had less than 25% power when I got home

I turned off the gps and some other things last night and charged it , this morning I have 25% power again :/

I can't figure what has sapped it

Battery life isnt that great tbh but then im beyond caring now with phones and battery life...my Bold is pretty bad at battery life but then i use it a lot for emailing etc..i find with the Magic if im playing a game or something the battery gets quite warm and doesnt last very long...in fact doing anything on this phone kills the battery very quickly but im always charging the phone when i get home and even at my office i have a spare usb cable that i use to top up the charge if needed.

Its just typical HTC with shoddy battery life times...even my Touch Diamond from last yr was absolutely horrendous with battery life...they make nice phones but they dont make them very good at power management lol.

Any chance you can post that list up? :)

I've found these apps useful so far so that I don't go over my tarriff plan :p

SMS Popup - Makes viewing messages and knowing when you've got a message in silent mode much easier.

Text Easy - Allows to send to multiple people a lot easier.

Net counter - counts how many MB's you've used in wireless and 3g seperately.

Phonalyzt - Tells you how many minutes you've used and has loads of other call stats.

I just bought "MyBackup Pro" on the market, it backs up apps and phone data to either online or sd card which is exactly what I needed.

For €4.99 it's a bargain for such a useful feature.

Will make a list of all my installed apps tomorrow :)

My app list is as follows:

Chompsms
Spare parts
mWIFI
Appmanager
Linda file manager
Net counter
Advanced task manager
GPS Status 2
Ahome...theme app
Sky map
Wikitude
Shopsavvy
Shazam
Qype
Snap photo
beebplayer
Movie finder
Arnold sounds
Facebook
Facebook synch
Robo defense
Bonsai blaster

Quite a hefty list there but most of them i use quite a bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom