***HTC Magic Thread***

Vodafone coverage seems a bit strange around my home but hopefully it will sort it self out.

Loving the phone so far. :) WIll cancel my O2 contract some time this week once everyone has my new number.

mrk - Did you say you could buy extra batteries for the Magic..?

For all those Facebook people is there an app I can use that will sync pictures and stuff to my Facebook account as soon as I take a picture with the camera?

For all those Facebook people is there an app I can use that will sync pictures and stuff to my Facebook account as soon as I take a picture with the camera?

There is an app on the market but can't remember what its called :o

Sorry, misread. Thought you wanted an app to sync facebook friends profile pics with address book. :o

Last edited:
I noticed a book a moment ago with the backup application, it restores perfectly and everything but when you view your installed apps in android market they don't show because they were not restored via the market but via the SD card backup which is counted by the market as a 3rd party source.

What I had to do was go through each of the 41 apps in AppManager (free) and visit their market page then install them from there. No settings were lost, just an extra process if you want apps showing (and updating) from the market place "My Downloads" area.

Hopefully an update to the Backup Pro app will fix this for future use.

Vibrate with texts / notifications on silent?

Not possible as standard from what I can tell, anyone know an app? I've tried looking but had no success.

Is it normal for the trackball to feel a bit cheap? ie a bit loose and noisy. I'm comparing it to a blackberry curve. Need to know before i send it back. Thanks.

Cheap? would not call it cheap feeling...feels the same as any of the blaclberries I've used at work.

But yeah they are loose and make clicky noises as you roll them. It's how they're meant to be.

Sorry, i assumed!

Has anyone noticed you cannot recieve calls when the phone is sending or recieving data?..........which is most of the time. I have tested this over and over. worrying!

Sorry, i assumed!

Has anyone noticed you cannot recieve calls when the phone is sending or recieving data?..........which is most of the time. I have tested this over and over. worrying!

Surely if its 3G then thats possible...i havent tried it myself but thats the beauty of 3G...can talk on hte phone whilst sending or receiving data...you sure you have 3G coverage when your testing this??.

Back
Top Bottom