***HTC Magic Thread***

Thanks for the great app lists :D. Does anybody know how I can connect to wifi through my sky router? It shows up and I entered the password that's on the side of the sky router but it's not connecting.

Thanks for the great app lists :D. Does anybody know how I can connect to wifi through my sky router? It shows up and I entered the password that's on the side of the sky router but it's not connecting.

Should connect if you are using the correct password. Have you made sure that you have selected the correct security such as WPA or WEP?

On my phone it says "Remembered, Secured with WPA" The password should be correct. i'm guessing the password is the label that says network key on the side?

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of getting one of these as an upgrade from my Nokia N95 8GB.

How does the camera compare, and will I need to get a memory card with the deal from vodafone?

What's the best deals people have been getting?

Thanks,

Camera is ok but not great...doesnt have a flash but for me that was the last thing i looked at...it does the job when and if i need to take a quick pic or something.

You should get a 2gb card from Voda...i got one when i got my Magic.

Have a look through the thread and you will get an idea of what deals people are getting or heres a thought ring up Voda and see what they can do for you...what one person gets doesnt mean you wont get the same deal...u might get a better or worse deal...really depends.

Cool - thanks.

I'm trying to decide whether i'm interested in a good camera or not :p... I recently found some videos i'd made using the N95 and they were great which I guess will be the downfall if I choose this phone.

*Scrabbles off to search through 30 pages :p

Cool - thanks.

I'm trying to decide whether i'm interested in a good camera or not :p... I recently found some videos i'd made using the N95 and they were great which I guess will be the downfall if I choose this phone.

*Scrabbles off to search through 30 pages :p

Well the n95 is a 5mp camera whereas the magic is only 3.2 so there will be a massive difference in quality of pics. But its not that bad to the extent that they are terrible...they are ok but the selling point of this phone is not the camera...its the Android system and touchscreen.

The camera is ok even without flash, here's samples of video and pic:

Pic: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/2009-06-08%2018.39.20.jpg
Vid: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/video-2009-06-08-18-39-28.3gp

Obviously in low light it's not good but then again I don't know of any camera phones that are :p

Anime!? Not even a good selection either ...Peh! real men read manga.

Also did your invisishield arrive? Have one for my itouch and they are excellent, gives a much better feel too.

Last edited:
i have found out how to enter the PUK code if you block your simcard hopefully this will be some help to someone

Bring up the emergency call dialer and type

**05*<PUK Code>*<enter a new pin>*<confirm the new pin>#

That will simultaneously unlock the phone and set up the PIN code

Got my wifi working. Was a setting on the router. Just a couple of questions. Is there a way to delete the market search history? And is there away to get text messages from the same contact to display in more then one thread and can u delete indevidual texts? thanks

Battery life isnt that great tbh but then im beyond caring now with phones and battery life...my Bold is pretty bad at battery life but then i use it a lot for emailing etc..i find with the Magic if im playing a game or something the battery gets quite warm and doesnt last very long...in fact doing anything on this phone kills the battery very quickly but im always charging the phone when i get home and even at my office i have a spare usb cable that i use to top up the charge if needed.

Its just typical HTC with shoddy battery life times...even my Touch Diamond from last yr was absolutely horrendous with battery life...they make nice phones but they dont make them very good at power management lol.

Hmm not good! Will it last a day of heavy use without recharge? Watching youtube, games, music etc..

Also can you write draft text messages?

I'm having problems connecting my phone to my laptop via Blutooth...

On my phone is says

"Paired but not connected"

and when I try and connect it doesn't do anything. I want to put some music on the phone t use as ringtones and the phone cannot be seen on my laptop when connecting via USB.

Anyone have any ideas. :confused:

Loving the phone so far though. :)

Oh yay mine arrived just now :D :D

Hmm not good! Will it last a day of heavy use without recharge? Watching youtube, games, music etc..

Also can you write draft text messages?

Yes and yes!

I'm having problems connecting my phone to my laptop via Blutooth...

On my phone is says

"Paired but not connected"

and when I try and connect it doesn't do anything. I want to put some music on the phone t use as ringtones and the phone cannot be seen on my laptop when connecting via USB.

Anyone have any ideas. :confused:

Loving the phone so far though. :)

Bluetooth file transfer/obex style xferring is not possible on the release firmware, it may be possible later with a system update or if one of the xda dev people mod the stock firmware so keep an eye out.

The USB cable did not work because you did not pull down the system tray menu and choose to mount the USB connection :p

Edit:
Awww yeah MyBackup Pro restored my apps and data/settings backup off SD nicely, didn't need to restore back anything manually at all, even call logs/mms :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom