***HTC Magic Thread***

Another neat app is My Tracks,

I used it for 38 minutes today with GPS on and lost only 10% of battery which is fair TBH.

Anyway, it's a nicer form of the GPS logger that my Garmin 255WT has in which it logs everywhere you go, the speed, altitude, average speed, route etc.

The advantage is that you can export to a number of things like Google Earth (kml file saved to SD card), Googel Maps (direct upload to Google Maps to your "my maps" section), email the record log to your contacts and basically be all round pretty nifty :D

It can also be viewed in Satellite mode as it uses Google Maps :D

Screens:

mytracks_results.jpg

mytracks_export-to-kml.jpg

Settings, Applications, Development, Stay Awake.
Screen will never sleep while charging.

If that's what you're after.

Also My Tracks is made by the Google Team. Hence why it's so polished.

My Tracks is awesome. Very easy to use but works perfectly. My top recorded speed on my motorcycle is 256MPH ;) I think it might had messed up slightly!

Only annoyance I have and I dont know if its an upload issue or just Google Maps itself - If you have an extremely long track it'll break it down over multiple pages

Mine arrived at work today :D
It's a nice change from my N95, shame it only came with a 2GB card tho'
Two questions to start with how do you send a contact to another contact in your phone directory?

Also how do you transfer files from your PC to the SD card, my PC sees it as 'F' drive but keeps asking me to insert a disc!!!
Also what apps are good, I have the aHome app ;)

thanks in advance guys

Back
Top Bottom