***HTC Magic Thread***

It's a shame phone makers don't put in RGB control on many of today's phones as the screens are superb for viewing photos on and stuff.

I thought I'd take on idle curiosity and measure the accuracy of the screen on the Magic at 30% brightness and it seems it's actually not bad for colour accuracy:

htcmagic_colour.JPG

Reference standard values for an accurate monitor are 120Cd/m2 and 6500K (daylight) although luminance is less important.

Quite a few TFT monitors out there are way worse than that out of the box!

Maybe someone will make an app that can control the RGB colours!

Well if you do manage to do an app to disable the screen timeout then please let us know....an app like that might be useful.
Started looking through the Android SDK last night, development will begin shortly :).

Power Manager used to do this, I havent used it since I updated to Cupcake. It allows you to set profiles e.g. Battery, Battery below 30%, Oncharge, plugged into USB etc
Sadly its not free. OnCharge will be free for all!

\o/...although i dont mind paying for it...seeing as your going through the trouble doing such an app:).
Ditto. Perhaps make it a free for all but let people make donations? :)

Haven't got the phone yet but if I use apps made by people on OcUK that I know then I'd have no hesitation in donating a few pennies to say thanks. ;)

\o/...although i dont mind paying for it...seeing as your going through the trouble doing such an app:).

Ditto. Perhaps make it a free for all but let people make donations? :)

Haven't got the phone yet but if I use apps made by people on OcUK that I know then I'd have no hesitation in donating a few pennies to say thanks. ;)
Well thats very kind Gents, I'll think about a donation page in the long run, but in the mean time I need to get my head around the SDK :).
Oooh :eek: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, because they're infringing my brother-in-laws copyright. Have forwarded it to him to have a look at.

Yup just treat it like normal street view in your browser, same method of usage.

Enabling the compass allows you to move the view around by moving the phone around ala Google Sky Map.

Open googlemaps and let it load your location...depending on where you are streetview might not work...but once it does then just press the screena nd it should open up a menu which gives u the option of streetview.

Streetview was there when I initially looked, however I downloaded google maps from the app store (as I read somewhere on here you should do that to update the latest version), and it's gone, I only have map, terrain and satellite options now :(

Back
Top Bottom