***HTC Magic Thread***

I had a G1 but sold it as I didn't like the slide action and the keypad was bunched up I felt so sold it...

However I loved the Android OS (very cool) lots of great apps so this may be my next handset!!! :D

Great thread chaps! Make for good reading ;)

Well I went ahead and ordered this from Vodafone direct, confirmation of order recieved and now just awaiting despatch.

So how does Googlemaps fair as a decent SatNav. I currently have a TomTom one that is gash. Also is there an app available for MSN messenger at all ? Never really used Google Messenger before and wouldn't have any contacts either. Also are there any apps for Skype ?

Really looking forward to getting my mits on it

Googlemaps is not turn by turn. It is good if you have a passenger reading you the directions. Your position changes as you move so they will never get lost. For turn by turn I use Nav4All. It is good but needs some better AI for working out the best route. Shortest is not the best route. It got lost in the middle of London but a quick look at google maps I found a route and then it quickly caught up onto the same one.

MSN messenger is avaliable through Hi MSN.

Googlemaps is not turn by turn. It is good if you have a passenger reading you the directions. Your position changes as you move so they will never get lost. For turn by turn I use Nav4All. It is good but needs some better AI for working out the best route. Shortest is not the best route. It got lost in the middle of London but a quick look at google maps I found a route and then it quickly caught up onto the same one.

How much is Nav4All Trifid ?

Nav4all is pretty good, ubt it need a lot more work, especially the text to speech turn by turn, was saying "in 100m turn left" when the screen was telling me to go right at the roundabout, it saw going round the roundabout as a left turn =/

Back
Top Bottom