***HTC Magic Thread***

We need a big thread or posts with all the usefull info in. This thread is huuuuge now.
Perhaps if people post a reply with links to the important posts in this thread (in their opinion) I can try and get a don to copy them into a new thread or we can re-create the posts in a new HTC Magic Essential info and tips thread or something? :)

Well I have had chance to have a play with the HTC and must say I am impressed. It actually looks a lot better than it does on any online store. Sleek feel to it.

Performance wise it's nifty and has power where it matters. Nav4all is really good for a free app.

Yes. I was planning on getting a bigger SD card anyway. :) The apps of course will help, I think he should have mentioned that the apps are a big part of the Magic's appeal. Firmware should help the battery a bit but I would have thought a more powerful battery would do more for battery life than any tweaks any future firmware releases can manage. :)

I have a spare battery and dock charger for my G1, a lot of the time I'm out and about with my bad anyway so spare batt and charger go in there. Also if the battery is low and you're about to go out it's nice to be able to switch to the other battery :)

(This is on G1 but true with all phones :P)

So your going for one of these Marc?
Yep. Almost certainly. Just waiting to get paid at the end of the month and then I can start sorting stuff out. Also want to be sure my 2 month contract gets renewed on a permanent basis. Don't want to take out a phone contract and then find I'm out of a job. :p

I'm thinking this or the iPhone but the iPhone is a bit same same now so the Android OS is very appealing to me at the moment :)
Well I was thinking about the iPhone because its the iPhone. I decided to wait until iPhone OS 3.0 was out and tbh I'm rather unimpressed with it and the iPhone 3GS. Doesn't seem like Apple have made any huge strides, more a few steps to try and catch up with the competition. Also getting the iPhone would be a bit blase. It seems everyone has an iPhone or an iPod or an iPod Touch but the HTC Magic looks different, better and nothing like an iPhone. And I'd say the Android OS is more appealing to me, more open and freer than the heavily locked down iPhone OS.

Can always get spare batteries aswell, not as if they are huge to carry about.
Yeah I was thinking about getting some spares to have with me. :)
Sounds like a good idea have a seperate thread Marc. :)
Good good. If you want to kick off the short listing of what posts in this thread you think would fit into or should be in an important info and top tips (see what I did there? :p) thread then be my guest.

Pfft, slacker! :p

I'll have a trawl through the thread and edit this post with the posts I think we need to copy over. When a few others have done this we can see what the common posts are and recreate them then discuss any posts that some of us think should be copied but others don't.

Enjoy your phones new owners :D

I was watching Charlie Brooker's Newswipe today while eating dinner, the Nokia stand/cradle thing comes in very handy for this purpose :D

Oi Magic owners. You seem to be forgetting that Android is on other phones and was on the G1 first. Nothing different between the OS.

So show the G1 some love too and don't name it "The Magic Tip and Tricks Thread". Instead replace Magic with Android :p

Oi Magic owners. You seem to be forgetting that Android is on other phones and was on the G1 first. Nothing different between the OS.

So show the G1 some love too and don't name it "The Magic Tip and Tricks Thread". Instead replace Magic with Android :p
But this is the HTC Magic thread. ;)

If this were an Android OS thread you'd be bang on target.

But this is the HTC Magic thread. ;)

If this were an Android OS thread you'd be bang on target.

I'm not on about this thread :p I'm on about the one you are planning to make. I just don't see the difference in these 2 phones. They probably even take the same size screen protector. Just OS wise there is nothing specific to the Magic just as there isn't to the G1. So both groups should easily be able to share info in the same thread.

But the thread I'm planning on making is a condensed version of this one. We can't condense an HTC Magic thread into an Android thread. It just breaks all the laws of physics! ;)

If you want a condensed G1 thread, make a normal G1 thread, get it to 37 pages or so then we can discuss letting you lot have a condensed G1 thread.

That OK for you? :p

pfftt. It's not the G1 I care about it's Android.

So in this condensed thread you are making what will it have different from another Android device? Just think of it in the long run. Let's say there are 20 Android phones before Christmas. That's a lot of threads taking about the same stuff "what are must have apps...", "how do I..." etc.

I get that there will be talk about the hardware. But the software is the same on each phone. One might have a fancy home screen, but it's still Android.

I'm not against a condensed version of this thread but perhaps a Android thread should be made which lists useful apps and tips etc. I would create it myself but I wouldn't have the time to keep it updated.

Back
Top Bottom