***HTC Magic Thread***

Haha tricked ya! Now I've got proof that you believe too much in your awesomeness and can justify reverting to my original plans. :cool:

:o

Do you want to kick us off with the important posts within THIS thread that you think we should replicate in our concise thread? :)

I'm bored and there is nothing on TV so I will start now.

You people with the G1 will have to post and say what good on that and obviously people with the Magic will have to check that stuff out to see if it works on the Magic or not.

etc etc blah blah

If people post in the new thread be easier to edit the first few posts with all the info instead of trawling through here I think, 'cos there will still be Magic discussion in here yes?

I'm bored and there is nothing on TV so I will start now.
In other words, responding to the G1 threat? :D

If people post in the new thread be easier to edit the first few posts with all the info instead of trawling through here I think, 'cos there will still be Magic discussion in here yes?
Huh? :confused: Me no understandey. :o

We wouldn't close this thread. Just have a new thread with the most important bits from this thread recreated over there. No moving of posts or anything.

You people with the G1 will have to post and say what good on that and obviously people with the Magic will have to check that stuff out to see if it works on the Magic or not.

This is what I don't get. They are both the same phones. It's like a ATI & AMD pc and a Intel & NVidia pc running Windows XP. Everything works with both phones. The only difference is the hardware. They both share the same marketplace, so naturally all apps work with both phones as well as future phones.

Like I said I understand people will be talking about cases and docks and hardware problems. But for everything else it's the same on all phones. So why not have a bigger audience in one thread on Android where software discussion can take place. I mean I own a G1 yet I read through this thread to read about what apps people have found and problems they might have in the settings. Can you image what it would be like if there were 20 phones? I would have to read each thread when there is no point.

MarcLister, gimme a day and I will go through the thread and take notes of the post numbers and then reply with them here. I would mainly go for posts about the hardware and mrk had some lovely images.

In other words, responding to the G1 threat? :D

Huh? :confused: Me no understandey. :o

We wouldn't close this thread. Just have a new thread with the most important bits from this thread recreated over there. No moving of posts or anything.

Haha yes, the G1'ers will get us. :(

Well like 3/4 posts.... G1, Magic, Android OS, some other stuff...

Just all the hints, tips, apps, update, user Q&A into different sections in the thread for each thing.

^

I've read of some apps not working on the G1 but working on the Magic from comments in the marketplace and on other forums.

MarcLister, gimme a day and I will go through the thread and take notes of the post numbers and then reply with them here. I would mainly go for posts about the hardware and mrk had some lovely images.
Sure thing. :) Oh and call me Marc. :)

Haha yes, the G1'ers will get us. :(
I think we've already lost. :(

Well like 3/4 posts.... G1, Magic, Android OS, some other stuff...

Just all the hints, tips, apps, update, user Q&A into different sections in the thread for each thing.

^

I've read of some apps not working on the G1 but working on the Magic from comments in the marketplace and on other forums.
Perhaps we can try and split the new thread into Android sub-section and then a Magic and G1 sub-section? Like how jbloggs has done in his Useful Freeware Utils thread in the Windows forum.

I suggest a Android thread. First posts should be updated with links to the other Phone threads such as G1 and Magic so people can be directed to a specific thread on that phone where it will have pictures of the phone and people discussing it. It should then list phones which will be released with Android such as the samsung. Then have must have apps listed.

There's no point in a new condensed G1 thread because new comers will go for the Magic. However a new Magic thread where the first posts show images of the device, price and info would be good. Maybe someone should just create a new thread then get a mod to move ALL the posts in this thread to the new one. That way new readers can see all the info right from the start, without having to go through 37 pages.

I suggest a Android thread.
You already have. :D

First posts should be updated with links to the other Phone threads such as G1 and Magic so people can be directed to a specific thread on that phone where it will have pictures of the phone and people discussing it. It should then list phones which will be released with Android such as the samsung. Then have must have apps listed.
OK.

There's no point in a new condensed G1 thread because new comers will go for the Magic.
Nice own goal. :p

However a new Magic thread where the first posts show images of the device, price and info would be good. Maybe someone should just create a new thread then get a mod to move ALL the posts in this thread to the new one. That way new readers can see all the info right from the start, without having to go through 37 pages.
Hmm not sure I get what you mean by this bit. A new HTC Magic thread with the bare essentials about the HTC Magic? Don't get the point of making a new thread with all the posts from this one. That's just making another 37 pager surely? Hopefully I've misinterpreted what you mean.

You move fast don't you Marc, first name terms with G1'ers already!
Shush! :o

Yeah that what I mean, plus add tip and stuff for other phones that come out.
Who? Me or him? :p

You already have. :D

OK.

Nice own goal. :p

You're so mean Marc... lol

Hmm not sure I get what you mean by this bit. A new HTC Magic thread with the bare essentials about the HTC Magic? Don't get the point of making a new thread with all the posts from this one. That's just making another 37 pager surely? Hopefully I've misinterpreted what you mean.

Well with your idea your going to get 2 threads about the Magic. One with posts from this one. It won't make much sense as posts are written with the hope the people read the post above so it makes sense. All you essentially want to do is have all the useful info in one post, preferably the first post in the thread by someone who will update it. If you make a new thread with the info in, then move this thread into the new one. You have all the info and a thread with discussion on the phone.

Perhaps I have totally misinterpreted your idea so feel free to tear into me some more :D

Another stupid question.

What's the difference between the Maps installed on Android, and google maps that can be downloaded? The only difference I can see is that google maps from the market place doesn't have street view?

You're so mean Marc... lol
You can say that again. :cool:

Well with your idea your going to get 2 threads about the Magic. One with posts from this one. It won't make much sense as posts are written with the hope the people read the post above so it makes sense. All you essentially want to do is have all the useful info in one post, preferably the first post in the thread by someone who will update it. If you make a new thread with the info in, then move this thread into the new one. You have all the info and a thread with discussion on the phone.
We'd eventually run out of space in the first post as there is a character limit. Initially we could have a 3 post thread. The first post about Android, the second about the Magic, the third about the G1. Then as new Android phones come onto the market we can add posts to the Android thread for links and info specific to each subsequent new Android phone?

Perhaps I have totally misinterpreted your idea so feel free to tear into me some more :D
Probably. :D

Is it me or is the battery dire on this phone?
Seems you can't do to much without the battery draining by a substantial amount.
Will the 'charge' get better as I only got the phone on Tuesday?
If it doesn't get any better I may have to look at another phone

Mine has improved over the month i've had it. Make sure you run it down as much as you can then fully charge it. Also drop the screen brightness down, mine is at 14% at the moment which is perfect for indoor use.

But as soon as higher capacity batteries are available ill be getting one.

Same, my battery can last around 2 days with moderate usage and a constant 3G connection but if I use iPlayer or GPS then less!

Bigger power battery must be bought.

A workmate of mine has bought this phone after recomendations made by quite a few people he knows.

He also has found the most awesome app ever:

Daily Naked Lady Background updater - 365 days a year.

...awesome :D

I would use such an app but a lot of people look at my phone to have a play and oogle (all ages) so it may not be the most suitable app for me :p

Back
Top Bottom