***HTC Magic Thread***

Ok the £12 cradle off eBay came the other day, I didn't post as I wanted to wait until I sprayed it white which I did today (2nd coat).

It's pretty good I have to say, will also charge a 2nd battery which is nice but in order for it to connect to the PC via USB the power cable also has to be plugged in, I guess the cradle requires some extra juice due to the extra circuitry compared to just the normal USB cable on its own. Not a major issue as I have some extra sockets to spare :p.

htcmagic_cradle_1.jpg

htcmagic_cradle_3.jpg

htcmagic_cradle_4.jpg

Now to find an app that can display a clock when on the cradle as I have it set to keep the screen on when the phone is plugged in :D

You mean make them white? it took quite a bit of effort to mask all the holes and contacts to make sure the spray didn't hit them!

I'll have to think about it as I only have weekend time to do this :p

Thanks for the digital clock recommendation!

Edit*

Digital Clock looked too basic so I've opted to just hit HOME to let the phone go into sleep mode and then dock it which results in the status screen showing time/date/battery etc:

htcmagic_cradle_5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the photos mrk :)

I've never been with voda before but i really do want this phone. I am steadily getting convinced to change provider and get this beauty!

p.s. whats the robot in your pic above??

Ok the £12 cradle off eBay came the other day, I didn't post as I wanted to wait until I sprayed it white which I did today (2nd coat).

It's pretty good I have to say, will also charge a 2nd battery which is nice but in order for it to connect to the PC via USB the power cable also has to be plugged in, I guess the cradle requires some extra juice due to the extra circuitry compared to just the normal USB cable on its own. Not a major issue as I have some extra sockets to spare :p.

Now to find an app that can display a clock when on the cradle as I have it set to keep the screen on when the phone is plugged in :D

Hey, can you tell me how to enable the option to keep the screen on when plugged in? I can't seem to find it. Your cradle looks great and I am jealous!

Hey, can you tell me how to enable the option to keep the screen on when plugged in? I can't seem to find it. Your cradle looks great and I am jealous!

In system settings > Applications > Development then Stay Awake :)

On the cradle the touchscreenw orks perfectly too, it helps that it's sensitive enough to use the phone as a desktop speakerphone too and stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom